Oceanic Members.

Yeah, you're right, but I do miss the regular gigs, spontaneous vinyl digs, Japanese food whenever the hell I want it and the scene in general.

There's a guy who lives in Byron (just up the road) 'The Vinyl Junkie' who attends all the record fairs around the country and hosts a few of his own. He goes to the states regularly and brings back shipping crates of vinyl, a huge variety and its quality digging. I get my fix from him and do a handful a road trips for gigs each year. Byron obviously has the Splendour In The Grass and Bluesfest festivals that are world class, so its not all bad. :)

Go the swannies!
There's a dude I follow on Instagram who buys all the vinyl for Coachella's huge vinyl offering - need that up in Byron for all the big festivals!

I dunno man - life in Yamba would be pretty bloody chill. Wednesday's MAXIMUM down here in Melbourne? 12 degrees.

Just seen this pop up.

Discrepancy Record's Massive Sale
- 50% off thousands of brand new records
- up to 50% off on storage and cleaning accessories
- 50% off remaining instore RSD titles
Plus more!

Im ready to flex my afterpay muscles on this haha especially if they still got some decent RSD titles in stock

Just seen this pop up.

Plus more!

Im ready to flex my afterpay muscles on this haha especially if they still got some decent RSD titles in stock
Of course you post this 6 hours after I dropped $300 on records at the Vinyl Festival!

Would bring the prices down to something reasonable though... would love to drive out there but I don't trust myself

Of course you post this 6 hours after I dropped $300 on records at the Vinyl Festival!

Would bring the prices down to something reasonable though... would love to drive out there but I don't trust myself

U should get everyones order on this thread and go in and get it for everyone haha

I went thru the potential sale list and he got some nice johnny cash that would be DIRT cheap with 50% off

What AUS/NZ music yall listening to?

I listen to Triple J less than I ever have before, so pretty much just indie or local stuff. King Gizz/all Flightless stuff, Stella Donnely, Julia Jacklin. Plenty of good Syndey representatives: Alex Cameron, Flume, Gang of Youths, Jack Ladder, Kirin J Callinan, Winston Surfshirt.

I listen to Triple J less than I ever have before, so pretty much just indie or local stuff. King Gizz/all Flightless stuff, Stella Donnely, Julia Jacklin. Plenty of good Syndey representatives: Alex Cameron, Flume, Gang of Youths, Jack Ladder, Kirin J Callinan, Winston Surfshirt.

I havent heard of any of them lol ill check em out.

I only listen to Silverchair,Ocean Grove and Regurgitator.

Mostly just indie type stuff. Gang of Youths, Courtney Barnett. The new West Thebarton album is good. Most of the time I listen to hip hop, and I hate Aussie hip hop. Could never get into it.

That is because aussie hiphop is trash lol

I didnt mind Figg Kidd tho.
And this new crew I found on here last week is actually amazing as "Home Brew"

Just seen this pop up.

Plus more!

This sale is in-store only if anyone was thinking about ordering online. I might be wrong but I think Afterpay is only available for them online. If you drop them a message on their facebook page they're usually good with their response times.

Mostly just indie type stuff. Gang of Youths, Courtney Barnett. The new West Thebarton album is good. Most of the time I listen to hip hop, and I hate Aussie hip hop. Could never get into it.

That is because aussie hiphop is trash lol

I didnt mind Figg Kidd tho.
And this new crew I found on here last week is actually amazing as "Home Brew"
I'm not hugely into Hip Hop as I was when I was 13-15 but I find negativity from Aussies towards local Hip Hop strange. What is it that you find trashy about it?

This sale is in-store only if anyone was thinking about ordering online. I might be wrong but I think Afterpay is only available for them online. If you drop them a message on their facebook page they're usually good with their response times.

I'm not hugely into Hip Hop as I was when I was 13-15 but I find negativity from Aussies towards local Hip Hop strange. What is it that you find trashy about it?

Most of the Aussie rappers are either crackheads or rich kids trying to ride on a culture that isnt anything to do with them.
Be like if paris hilton dropped a hiphop record talking about how hard her life was.

Also hate the accents they dont go well for me..
I actually call Aussie HipHop blinkey bill rap because its all I can hear.

Yeah it's the accents. I'm aware I'm an Aussie and I have one too, just sounds weird to me. Not limited to music, I don't tend to love Australian TV shows or movies either. You know how when you travel abroad and you return to Australia and you hear an announcement over the airport public address system and you think "that's not what we sound like to others is it??" That's what Aussie hip hop sounds like to me, like it's an exaggeration of the accent.

Most of the Aussie rappers are either crackheads or rich kids trying to ride on a culture that isnt anything to do with them.
Be like if paris hilton dropped a hiphop record talking about how hard her life was.

Also hate the accents they dont go well for me..
I actually call Aussie HipHop blinkey bill rap because its all I can hear.

Yeah it's the accents. I'm aware I'm an Aussie and I have one too, just sounds weird to me. Not limited to music, I don't tend to love Australian TV shows or movies either. You know how when you travel abroad and you return to Australia and you hear an announcement over the airport public address system and you think "that's not what we sound like to others is it??" That's what Aussie hip hop sounds like to me, like it's an exaggeration of the accent.

The accents I can understand. I work in a call centre and barely one day goes by where I don't want to stab myself in ear with an ice pick just so I don't have to listen to some fucking bogan yammer on with their guttermouth drawl. STRAAAAYAAAAA!!!.

I think I'm a bit more forgiving with Hip Hop acts though. I personally don’t own any Aussie Hip Hop but it doesn’t bother me when I hear it and I’m not reaching to change the station.

I think Home Brew might be Australian (or atleast kiwi) and I love that crew.
And the other rapper I listen to who is local is Figg Kidd who goes out of his way to remove the accent entirely.

So its not like im a hater ill like anything if it sounds good regardless of where it comes from geographically

I agree its oddly distinctive, but I don't mind the Australian accent in Hip-Hop, I'm just not a huge fan of any in general anyway. Thundamentals' self titled release is really good, and theres a few indiginous guys making good stuff (Baker Boy, A.B. Original), but that about it really. I'm pretty nostalgic for some of the classic Hilltop Hoods tracks but they've been very meh for me the last few years.

do your turntables spin counter-clockwise or clockwise ?

iu

Does oceania have any local based vinyl clubs at all ?
Only vinyl clubs I’ve seen locally are artist specific ones like Paul Kelly and Hoodoo Gurus.

I did see something once or Facebook that was similar to VYNL from a guy n Adelaide. Basic premise being you tell him some acts you liked and he’d curate an album a month for you. I’ll try and find it again.

Only vinyl clubs I’ve seen locally are artist specific ones like Paul Kelly and Hoodoo Gurus.

I did see something once or Facebook that was similar to VYNL from a guy n Adelaide. Basic premise being you tell him some acts you liked and he’d curate an album a month for you. I’ll try and find it again.

That sounds pretty shit tbh lol I mean more like pressing vinyl that is rare (or had no pressings) on a monthly basis. (VMP clone)

If there isnt one then why not?

Back