Oceanic Members.

yea hhv.de

They have multiple shipping options. i'm sure u could get it shipped to AUS via Fedex!

yea hhv.de

They have multiple shipping options. i'm sure u could get it shipped to AUS via Fedex!

It didnt have that mac miller horrorcore album I grabbed or the a$ap so I guess i shouldnt cry to much xD haha
Sometimes It feels like all the albums I want aint pressed or are bootlegs.
Be a dream to own every horrorcore album + memphis tape on vinyl lol

yea hhv.de

In saying all this tho Im at the point where I think ill slow down on all these cheaper albums.
Focus on the high tier grails.

Thinking Cunninlynguist discography.
Homebrew - Last week (gonna cost like 300$)
Average Rap Band - Stream Of Nonsenseness
@Peace - @Peace And The Plutonian Noise Symphony
Kno - Death Is Silent
DJ Screw (2) - 3 'N The Mornin'
DJ Screw (2) - Bigtyme Vol II All Screwed Up
Birdman (2) & Lil Wayne - Like Father, Like Son
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter IV
Shawty Pimp Feat. Reddog (3) - Comin' Real Wit It
Eminem - Infinite (Let Them Eat Vinyl - LETV311LP)
Project Pat - Mista Don't Play Everythangs Workin
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Piñata (Alex Goose Remix LP)
Saba (14) - Care For Me
JPEGMAFIA - Black Ben Carson
Injury Reserve - The Dentist Office Series
Insane Clown Posse - The Wraith - Shangri-La
Tear Da Club Up Thugs - CrazyNDaLazDayz
Slipknot - Iowa
Slipknot - Antennas To Hell
Slipknot - Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Creepin On Ah Come Up
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien - 3rd World Vision
Anderson .Paak - Venice
Bone Enterpri$e* - Faces Of Death
Death Grips - Ex Military
Noname (18) - Telefone
Die Antwoord - Ten$ion

Just bang them out. 1 every few weeks lol Just so I can have all the things I wish I had then work on the easy cheap shit cause the easy cheap shit is endless.

What you think of my list xD anything insane ive missed?

If anyone of you Oceanic members happens to check out Tobi Lou's new album I would love to hear ur thoughts! Supposedly it's releasing by time zone!

If anyone of you Oceanic members happens to check out Tobi Lou's new album I would love to hear ur thoughts! Supposedly it's releasing by time zone!

Completely ignores my question and asks a new question. Rude.

Why dont you just sign up on trial in NZ so you can hear it first?

In saying all this tho Im at the point where I think ill slow down on all these cheaper albums.
Focus on the high tier grails.

Thinking Cunninlynguist discography.
Homebrew - Last week (gonna cost like 300$)
Average Rap Band - Stream Of Nonsenseness
@Peace - @Peace And The Plutonian Noise Symphony
Kno - Death Is Silent
DJ Screw (2) - 3 'N The Mornin'
DJ Screw (2) - Bigtyme Vol II All Screwed Up
Birdman (2) & Lil Wayne - Like Father, Like Son
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter IV
Shawty Pimp Feat. Reddog (3) - Comin' Real Wit It
Eminem - Infinite (Let Them Eat Vinyl - LETV311LP)
Project Pat - Mista Don't Play Everythangs Workin
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Piñata (Alex Goose Remix LP)
Saba (14) - Care For Me
JPEGMAFIA - Black Ben Carson
Injury Reserve - The Dentist Office Series
Insane Clown Posse - The Wraith - Shangri-La
Tear Da Club Up Thugs - CrazyNDaLazDayz
Slipknot - Iowa
Slipknot - Antennas To Hell
Slipknot - Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Creepin On Ah Come Up
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien - 3rd World Vision
Anderson .Paak - Venice
Bone Enterpri$e* - Faces Of Death
Death Grips - Ex Military
Noname (18) - Telefone
Die Antwoord - Ten$ion

Just bang them out. 1 every few weeks lol Just so I can have all the things I wish I had then work on the easy cheap shit cause the easy cheap shit is endless.

What you think of my list xD anything insane ive missed?

Lol fine! The list is solid. I will say the regular copies of Venice are available and that album is damn good too!

Pink Friday is on my girl's list of grails. I want Watch The Throne at some point. Cruel Summer is up there too

This may be something you're unfamiliar with, but I also am fiending for a copy of Raury - Indigo Child LP (that album was 2 years ahead of the trends) and Curren$y - Covert Coup and Carrolton Heist

Lol fine! The list is solid. I will say the regular copies of Venice are available and that album is damn good too!

Pink Friday is on my girl's list of grails. I want Watch The Throne at some point. Cruel Summer is up there too

This may be something you're unfamiliar with, but I also am fiending for a copy of Raury - Indigo Child LP (that album was 2 years ahead of the trends) and Curren$y - Covert Coup and Carrolton Heist

My want list is huge but those above are like 200$+ I also need cruel summer and watch the throne but i think they below 200$

I will peep that raury now :) tx for the share.. as for curren$y.. he probably better then I remember but all the old shit ive heard just didnt do it for me so not really a fan.

My want list is huge but those above are like 200$+ I also need cruel summer and watch the throne but i think they below 200$

I will peep that raury now :) tx for the share.. as for curren$y.. he probably better then I remember but all the old shit ive heard just didnt do it for me so not really a fan.

Lol good luck with Cruel Summer! If it goes for sale again itll be over 200. WTT for sure if u get the not crazy version!

Make sure if u peep indigo child its the whole 13 track LP not the BS promo EP!!!

Last edited:
Lol good luck with Cruel Summer! If it goes for sale again itll be over 200. WTT for sure if u get the not crazy version!

Make sure if u peep indigo child its the whole 13 track LP not the BS promo EP!!!

I own it on CD and never really thought it was AMAZING but i still want it.. some good tracks. If its 200$ ill grab it eventually

I wanna say after much consideration, Schoolboy Q habits and contradictons boot is right next to Life of Pablo. It has 1 locked groove on Nightmare on Figg but its like at the beginning of the beat. Otherwise its flawless and the bass on Blessed is nuts

New member and a relatively recent convert back to vinyl (well 3 years and a couple of thousand dollars ago anyway). If you're in Victoria I'd highly recommend Reload Records down in Rosebud. The owner can be be a bit salty at times (don't unpin the albums from the wall or you will feel his wrath) but he has a great range of stuff with a definite skew towards indie/alternative and classic rock. Prices are the best I've seen outside of Amazon in Oz and his second hand stuff is very reasonably priced. I saw a couple of people recommend Flying Nuns outlet but I've ordered three albums form those guys and each one has been considerably warped and I've seen this listed as a problem with other customers as well.

I actually live a lot of the time in Manila and previous to that played in a couple of bands in Beijing which had a surprising amount of underground vinyl and an unbelievable amount of ex JB Hi Fi CDs with cut outs selling for a couple of bucks each. I purchased almost the entire CD collection of Late Night Tales for a couple of dollars each while i was there which still had the JB stickers on them. Manila has a very active vinyl community with a large number of second hand stores spread around the city. Most of the time the prices are outrageous but equally I have come across a few absolute steals which keep me going back. I get to travel a fair bit with work and have hit up a pretty substantial number of stores around Asia and Europe and would have to say Manila is probably the pick within Asia for quantity. Within Europe, Germany/Austria are brilliant. The store Second Hand Records in Stuttgart is my absolute favourite store I've stumbled upon. Great prices on a huge range of records from every genre. The place is huge and the staff there are fantastic people. Not far behind is Best Records in Munich and Sick Wrecords in Frankfurt (the guy running that place shared a house with Lindy Morrison from the Go Betweens and has a few tales to tell). Anyway thought I'd share in case anyone is heading os anytime soon. Happy digging.

New member and a relatively recent convert back to vinyl (well 3 years and a couple of thousand dollars ago anyway). If you're in Victoria I'd highly recommend Reload Records down in Rosebud. The owner can be be a bit salty at times (don't unpin the albums from the wall or you will feel his wrath) but he has a great range of stuff with a definite skew towards indie/alternative and classic rock. Prices are the best I've seen outside of Amazon in Oz and his second hand stuff is very reasonably priced. I saw a couple of people recommend Flying Nuns outlet but I've ordered three albums form those guys and each one has been considerably warped and I've seen this listed as a problem with other customers as well.

I actually live a lot of the time in Manila and previous to that played in a couple of bands in Beijing which had a surprising amount of underground vinyl and an unbelievable amount of ex JB Hi Fi CDs with cut outs selling for a couple of bucks each. I purchased almost the entire CD collection of Late Night Tales for a couple of dollars each while i was there which still had the JB stickers on them. Manila has a very active vinyl community with a large number of second hand stores spread around the city. Most of the time the prices are outrageous but equally I have come across a few absolute steals which keep me going back. I get to travel a fair bit with work and have hit up a pretty substantial number of stores around Asia and Europe and would have to say Manila is probably the pick within Asia for quantity. Within Europe, Germany/Austria are brilliant. The store Second Hand Records in Stuttgart is my absolute favourite store I've stumbled upon. Great prices on a huge range of records from every genre. The place is huge and the staff there are fantastic people. Not far behind is Best Records in Munich and Sick Wrecords in Frankfurt (the guy running that place shared a house with Lindy Morrison from the Go Betweens and has a few tales to tell). Anyway thought I'd share in case anyone is heading os anytime soon. Happy digging.
Welcome to Needles & Grooves. Thanks for the recommendations. My mum lives out in St Andrews Beach so I’ll try and check out Reload next time I’m down that way.

I’m not sure if you know of this forums history but it started when Vinyl Me, Please (Record Club) hastily closed down its online forum earlier this year.

A lot people migrated across in the aftermath of that being shut down so you probably get a feel of the familiarity between members from long established. You’ll find a great sense of community here in general (this thread is pretty quite though) and I’m sure you’ll be welcomed in any thread that you care to frequent.

I hope you stick around.

Thanks Chill! My in laws have a beach house in Blairgowrie so I will sneak out next time I am down the peninsula ;)

Crazy about the ex-JB hi-fi stock - I would have loved to scoop up all the late night tales albums, especially at that price!

And duly noted on Germany - heard of a few great stores in Berlin, but those others sound legit...

Thanks Chill! My in laws have a beach house in Blairgowrie so I will sneak out next time I am down the peninsula ;)

Crazy about the ex-JB hi-fi stock - I would have loved to scoop up all the late night tales albums, especially at that price!

And duly noted on Germany - heard of a few great stores in Berlin, but those others sound legit...
My wife is German so we make a couple of trips a year up and down the length of the country. Just got back from another Germany trip in July hauling another 40 albums. Terrifyingly Air China lost one suitcase but not the one carrying the payload, just all my kids clothing :(!

Reload is in a very unsuspecting area of Rosebud near Aldi's, come to think of it, that's Rosebud as a whole to be honest. The owner had a store in Richmond for many years throughout the 80's and 90's and has connections with distributers that go back a very long time. The store is overflowing with vinyl to the point that it is now very tough to physically move in the place but he's usually cheaper than JB Hi Fi and is conscious of keeping his margins low to be competitive. I always grab some stuff from him when I'm back in Blairgowrie, and get anxious each time I come back that he'll still be there (gotta support the local independents). Speaking with him 6 months ago, his vinyl is now well outstripping his CD sales so I'm guessing he'll dump those at some stage to increase the vinyl storage in the shop.

Be careful with that place
I have realized over time that almost every thing from them is either 2nd hand or has some kind of print issue

I haven't had any issues with them in the past mate, but I only purchase new releases from them. I use them to bulk buy new releases, so I'm not ordering each record from a different vendor. e.g I just picked up Ghosteen, Hyperspace and Songs For the Deaf with a 20% discount and free shipping. Saved myself about $50

I haven't had any issues with them in the past mate, but I only purchase new releases from them. I use them to bulk buy new releases, so I'm not ordering each record from a different vendor. e.g I just picked up Ghosteen, Hyperspace and Songs For the Deaf with a 20% discount and free shipping. Saved myself about $50

Bought probably 12 records.

8 of them dmgd or second hand scuffs and hand prints (and even weird white powder).

Just dont be surprised if it happens.

The only ones that seemed brand spanking new was system of a down when the re-released just dropped

Anyone voting in the Hottest 100 of the Decade?

Took a while but I ended up going one song per artist and one song per year (pretty close at least):

Julia Jacklin - Body
Childish Gambino - This is America
Leah Senior - Loser
The Avalanches - Frankie Sinatra
Tame Impala - Let it Happen
Azealia Banks - 212
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Jubilee Street
Grimes - Oblivion
Jay-Z/Kanye West - Otis
Kanye West - Monster

Bumping this thread ahead of Record Store Day...

Would love to get tips and tricks from you fellow Aussies (and particularly Melburnians) on who usually stocks the best/biggest RSD hauls?

My 2 cents - Happy Valley on Smith Street in Collingwood. Only has a small record section down the back but it's always surprisingly well stocked. Turns out the owner used to own a record store and gets decent shipping due to the fact he's mainly a bookstore and he adds records to the orders. Check it out.

Any other suggestions? I need that Hackers OST. There's only 2500 copies worldwide so it ain't gonna be easy!

Back