Oceanic Members.

You know it.
When I joined VMP like 2 years ago, a staff member mentioned there was nearly 100 (I think) Australian members, so there definitely should be a bunch of us lurking around. I've never used vinyl.com.au, but that sale does look pretty good, shame I'm on a major vinyl diet at the moment.

You know it.
When I joined VMP like 2 years ago, a staff member mentioned there was nearly 100 (I think) Australian members, so there definitely should be a bunch of us lurking around. I've never used vinyl.com.au, but that sale does look pretty good, shame I'm on a major vinyl diet at the moment.

Its good we all get to know each other.
We can help each other out ;) tell each other of cool sales ect

Good to see another member in here! 100 members is very small but if your only talking about FORUM members then it isnt so bad

Its good we all get to know each other.
We can help each other out ;) tell each other of cool sales ect

Good to see another member in here! 100 members is very small but if your only talking about FORUM members then it isnt so bad

Ha, nah that was subscription members, but it was also ages ago, there was much more than this in the VMP forum so this thread should fill up before too long.

Anyone else Sydney based? Beatdisc my local, they are fantastic.

Ha, nah that was subscription members, but it was also ages ago, there was much more than this in the VMP forum so this thread should fill up before too long.

I think most people are from Melbourne for some reason.
I think @goodoohuru was in NSW might be the best you got lol

Not anymore, left Sydney (Darlinghurst) about 7 years ago and now living about an hour south of Byron Bay on the beach in a town called Yamba. A long way from any vinyl stores which was the catalyst for me to join a few clubs and spend my money online.

I travel for work a bit, so have some favourite stores in cities around the place.

Tommy Gun Records in Hobart
Rocking Horse Records in Brisbane
Redeye Records and Mojo Record Bar in Sydney

Last edited:
Melburnians (or anyone visiting) - you all across the Vinyl Record Fair on this Sunday.

It's at Welcome to Thornbury - which is a car yard converted to a big indoor/outdoor bar with rotating food trucks etc. Awesome place to hang out on a Sunday with your mates, kids, dogs etc.

Anyways bit going on - I will dump the deets below (apologies for the long post) - event details here:

Melbourne Record Club - supported by Pro-Ject Audio Australia & New Zealand, Vinyl Me, Please, and Welcome To Thornbury - present the North-Side debut of the Melbourne Vinyl Festival.

Alongside all of your favourite independent Vinyl sellers (at least 25 of them!!) you will also find :
> Listening stations powered by Pro-Ject Audio Systems, so that you can try before AND after you buy

> Free record cleaning, also brought to you by Pro-Ject Audio with the Pro-Ject Audio Systems VC-S Cleaner

> An array of Indie labels and awesome merchandise from the likes of Pieater, Bedroom Suck and Artist First

> Audiophile turntables

> Vintage Hi-Fi equipment from Thornbury locals - Multisonics

> Must-have vinyl storage and furniture crafted by Lucas Wearne from Neighbourhood Furniture

>Turntable slipmats from Madslips · DJ slipmats

>Augmented Reality LP Cover-Art mini exhibition by thiscover

> DJ Masterclasses with DJ Chris Thatcher, so that you can learn some of the basics and practice for BYO Vinyl Nights!

> DJ Lady Blades & DJ Wolfie playing great tunes all day

> ALL OF THIS PLUS door prizes from Vinyl Me, Please (REKKIDS!!) & Welcome To Thornbury (DRINKS VOUCHERS!!) as well as a cute as heck WTT bar and all of your favourite Food Trucks

Come along, buy some records, hang out and generally have a great time immersed in all things vinyl!

Melburnians (or anyone visiting) - you all across the Vinyl Record Fair on this Sunday.

It's at Welcome to Thornbury - which is a car yard converted to a big indoor/outdoor bar with rotating food trucks etc. Awesome place to hang out on a Sunday with your mates, kids, dogs etc.

Anyways bit going on - I will dump the deets below (apologies for the long post) - event details here:

Melbourne Record Club - supported by Pro-Ject Audio Australia & New Zealand, Vinyl Me, Please, and Welcome To Thornbury - present the North-Side debut of the Melbourne Vinyl Festival.

Alongside all of your favourite independent Vinyl sellers (at least 25 of them!!) you will also find :
> Listening stations powered by Pro-Ject Audio Systems, so that you can try before AND after you buy

> Free record cleaning, also brought to you by Pro-Ject Audio with the Pro-Ject Audio Systems VC-S Cleaner

> An array of Indie labels and awesome merchandise from the likes of Pieater, Bedroom Suck and Artist First

> Audiophile turntables

> Must-have vinyl storage and furniture crafted by Lucas Wearne from Neighbourhood Furniture

> DJ Masterclasses with DJ Chris Thatcher, so that you can learn some of the basics and practice for BYO Vinyl Nights!

> ALL OF THIS PLUS door prizes from Vinyl Me, Please (REKKIDS!!) & Welcome To Thornbury (DRINKS VOUCHERS!!) as well as a cute as heck WTT bar and all of your favourite Food Trucks

Come along, buy some records, hang out and generally have a great time immersed in all things vinyl!
That sounds awesome!

That sounds awesome!
It’s been awesome. Dropped about $300 but that was for 10 records.
Picked up RSD High Fidelity Soundtrack (double orange vinyl)
Bob Marley Legend (tri colour vinyl)
Beasties Hello Nasty double vinyl
Portishead Third
Neil young Harvest
Bruce - Born to Run
Radiohead - Hail to the Thief & I might be Wrong
Two other old Bob Marley records including OG press of Exodus

Also had the old records cleaned on a $900 vacuum machine by Project.

Think I’m set for a while!! Awesome event!

> Audiophile turntables

It’s been awesome. Dropped about $300 but that was for 10 records.
Picked up RSD High Fidelity Soundtrack (double orange vinyl)
Bob Marley Legend (tri colour vinyl)
Beasties Hello Nasty double vinyl
Portishead Third
Neil young Harvest
Bruce - Born to Run
Radiohead - Hail to the Thief & I might be Wrong
Two other old Bob Marley records including OG press of Exodus

Also had the old records cleaned on a $900 vacuum machine by Project.

Think I’m set for a while!! Awesome event!

How dare you make me want to leave my peaceful coastal lifestyle and move back to the city to be closer to the action, how dare you!!

Edit: My apologies, I live with FOMO and occasionally it flares up. The ointment doesn't always work.

Last edited:
How dare you make me want to leave my peaceful coastal lifestyle and move back to the city, to be closer to all the action, how dare you!!
Hahahaha. I reckon you can buy many more records with al the money you’re saving in your lovely coastal lifestyle!

Also - you can just come visit. Catch a footy game if you’re inclined, eat and drink and be merry and drag your annual haul back home!

Hahahaha. I reckon you can buy many more records with al the money you’re saving in your lovely coastal lifestyle!

Also - you can just come visit. Catch a footy game if you’re inclined, eat and drink and be merry and drag your annual haul back home!

Yeah, you're right, but I do miss the regular gigs, spontaneous vinyl digs, Japanese food whenever the hell I want it and the scene in general.

There's a guy who lives in Byron (just up the road) 'The Vinyl Junkie' who attends all the record fairs around the country and hosts a few of his own. He goes to the states regularly and brings back shipping crates of vinyl, a huge variety and its quality digging. I get my fix from him and do a handful a road trips for gigs each year. Byron obviously has the Splendour In The Grass and Bluesfest festivals that are world class, so its not all bad. :)

Go the swannies!

The combination of records and equipment sounds really interesting, not something I've seen here in SA, although i haven't been to all of them. Some good pick ups as well!

Back