Oceanic Members.

The more records you buy the more savings on that website so I often just try to buy in bulk lots instead of singulars.
hmmm - you're making a compelling argument for the 'must haves' especially if I can get my coloured/deluxe/limited releases through them. All about supporting the little guy when I can..

EDIT: Also just worked out their store is a 12 min drive from home.... DANGEROUS

hmmm - you're making a compelling argument for the 'must haves' especially if I can get my coloured/deluxe/limited releases through them. All about supporting the little guy when I can..

EDIT: Also just worked out their store is a 12 min drive from home.... DANGEROUS

Oh nice :) lucky! that will save u alot of funds.

I probably spent just over 1100 on them last few weeks LOL

Afterpay letting me split the payment and only paying 1 quarter off it upfront is why I can do it.
Without afterpay I couldnt afford alot of stuff xD

Do you pay extra with afterpay? Heard some of those rip you off a bit..

I will wait until Sunday where there's a big record fair near my place... starts at noon, see you there!

Afterpay is free with 0 interest. They make there money by charging the company that uses it 4% on each purchase not the customer.

The only way youll ever see a afterpay "fee" is if you miss your payments. But at the stage it be your own fault xD (15$ per missed payment)

So if I wanted that 800$ queen boxset I could use afterpay.
Afterpay splits it 4 (200$ a payment)
Charges you the first quarter upfront.
The following quarters every 2 weeks. (200$ every 2 weeks).

But if I only wanted a 100$ record it just split that 4 times.

25$ per payment.

You get it?

Yeah, cheers... there's a few more of us from VMP forum as well, some I don't think have completed the transition across to here yet, maybe taking a break before hooking back up.

Melbournian here too. I have to say I was a big fan of Discrepancy Records but I’ve found their prices have gone crazy of late.

I had bought lots from their online store/ebay and even went to the first day the store opened on RSD last year. The prices were decent at the time but this year not so much. I saved close to $100 by not going there for RSD this year. Although Afterpay is a great option though and the staff are friendly

I have to give props to Oh Jean Records In Fitzroy. I got a badly warped copy of Bob Evans from RSD this year and the owner, Zach went to bat for me with the distributor and got it replaced. If you like local indie stuff I can’t recommend them enough.

I got my 3LP National through Music Glue which shipped locally for $87. It’s still available there. https://www.musicglue.com/thenational/

Oh nice :) lucky! that will save u alot of funds.

I probably spent just over 1100 on them last few weeks LOL

Afterpay letting me split the payment and only paying 1 quarter off it upfront is why I can do it.
Without afterpay I couldnt afford alot of stuff xD
Do you pay extra with afterpay? Heard some of those rip you off a bit..

I will wait until Sunday where there's a big record fair near my place... starts at noon, see you there!

I answered this question the first time you answered ^ look above

:ROFLMAO:
Oh God - sorry. I saw the answer still written in a response and I just hit 'Post reply' without looking.
In my defence I have the flu, woke up at 5am and flew up and back to Sydney for the day for a couple of meetings - I am literally delirious...

Hi, I've been a little sad/ashamed to own my Aussieness the last few days following our electoral statement but I'm in Adelaide too. We've got some cool little record stores here. My favourite "local" online presence fwiw is probably flying out.co.nz - great selection including frequent store/label exclusives, decent loyalty points program and free shipping to aus over $99.

Hi, I've been a little sad/ashamed to own my Aussieness the last few days following our electoral statement but I'm in Adelaide too. We've got some cool little record stores here. My favourite "local" online presence fwiw is probably flying out.co.nz - great selection including frequent store/label exclusives, decent loyalty points program and free shipping to aus over $99.

I think everyone who isnt a dinosaur is pretty disgusted with how the election turned out. Your not alone ;)

I like Clarity and Streetlight, get most of my non-VMP records there. Crackle and Pop is good too, probably the best curation in Adelaide I reckon even though they don't have a storefront.

Melbournian here too. I have to say I was a big fan of Discrepancy Records but I’ve found their prices have gone crazy of late.

I had bought lots from their online store/ebay and even went to the first day the store opened on RSD last year. The prices were decent at the time but this year not so much. I saved close to $100 by not going there for RSD this year. Although Afterpay is a great option though and the staff are friendly

I have to give props to Oh Jean Records In Fitzroy. I got a badly warped copy of Bob Evans from RSD this year and the owner, Zach went to bat for me with the distributor and got it replaced. If you like local indie stuff I can’t recommend them enough.

I got my 3LP National through Music Glue which shipped locally for $87. It’s still available there. https://www.musicglue.com/thenational/

+1 for OhJean! records - got chatting with Zach after he picked up a rare Dimitri from Paris 'Live at the Playboy Mansion' vinyl - super genuine good dude. And he loves his NBA (and I work for ESPN) so he's an extra good dude IMO!

Yep clarity is great, good turnover of quality secondhand stuff so always worth checking out, not just for punk rock kids! Really friendly owner too you always feel welcome. Streetlight is cool, I've picked up some random bargain/marked down new records there and great selection of books etc. I've got a soft spot for Wolfies too, used to be up at Stirling and I'm a hills dweller. I haven't caught crackle and pop for a while but yes from their insta they always seem to be getting cool new stuff in. We do alright for a small town ;)

Back