November 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: High wind through the trees, falling November leaves, a weak sun hanging low, summer seems so long ago...

30. Giving Tuesday
If you can, play a record that you gave a second copy to someone else, if not, play one that was given to you.

The Runaways "The Runaways" (1976 Mercury; 2019 Modern Harmonic remaster)
I was accidentally sent two copies by Sundazed and ended up PIFing a copy in the international PIF thread. Great remaster from original tapes, pressed at RTI and cut by Kevin Boom Boom Gray.

IMG_2016.JPG

Day 30 | Giving

Perfect segue to next month’s challenge thread! Please check the December challenge. I’ve posted the daily themes and there will also be a raffle! This album is an option for a raffle prize along with some cash prizes.

Thank you @Kris for an awesome month! I’ve tried multiple times before, but this is the first month I’ve finished the whole way through!

A7F7BF6E-CA51-43D0-BE0E-B1872867572D.jpeg

30. Giving Tuesday
If you can, play a record that you gave a second copy to someone else, if not, play one that was given to you.

Barrie - Happy to Be Here

I've PIFfed a copy of this at some point.
20200322_164912-jpg.37388

Day 30: Giving Tuesday

Wu-Tang Clan
- Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)

2276B330-91A9-430E-A964-988B55EFFD59.jpeg

The VMP pressing & the 3rd (and last) pressing of this album I’ve purchased! I also have the inferior 1LP version and the 45 box Get On Down released like 5 years back.

Thanks for hosting @Kris and I’ll see y’all in the December thread!

@LeeVing 👆

EDIT: it may be hard to tell, but it's an index finger pointing up and not a middle finger :ROFLMAO:

lol

I tried that but I need to switch to getting the images from Discogs or allow my own images, as everything works fine when changing the setting to Discogs images, but once I go to export all the Discog images are blank. iTunes just doesn't have the images of vinyl releases...as it seems I play a lot that don't have any iTunes equivalent.

The Discogs images just get broken when exported to .png for some reason.

Untitled Chart (5).png

Last edited:
lol

I tried that but I need to switch to getting the images from Discogs or allow my own images, as everything works fine when changing the setting to Discogs images, but once I go to export all the Discog images are blank. iTunes just doesn't have the images of vinyl releases...as it seems I play a lot that don't have any iTunes equivalent.

The Discogs images just get broken when exported to .png for some reason.

View attachment 119755

Yes, the discogs image setting is buggy. It does work sometimes but I don't know why. The itunes images is stable but you have less choices and some things are missing... the app still has some ways to go.

👆 - it seems the last.fm setting is the best for me- the only one missing is the Range War album, which I expected.

I know Discogs has been doing a lot of tweaking of their image locations and URL's, so it may be on their side of things.

Giving Tuesday

I think I left after day 22 or 23. I don't think I will be able to catch up completely, but I have a minutes today.

I fell victim to multiple bad pressings of this album. There's the right channel clicking noise on one of the records. Anyway, I gave up requesting replacements after the third try. I did give one of the noisy copies to a friend.

Beach House - Devotion

PXL_20211201_140633571.jpg

👆 - it seems the last.fm setting is the best for me- the only one missing is the Range War album, which I expected.

I know Discogs has been doing a lot of tweaking of their image locations and URL's, so it may be on their side of things.

Love how you subtly threw that finger right back at me. Well played, my friend. Well played.

30. Giving Tuesday
If you can, play a record that you gave a second copy to someone else

Harold Alexander - Sunshine Man

Back in my days as a VMP member, I received a really warped copy of this record. They sent a replacement pretty quick. Then a week later they sent another...so I happily paid that second copy forward in the PIF thread. Share the sunshine!

HAR.jpeg

Back