November 2020 Challenge Thread: The End Is Near

Day 28: Christmastime
Okay, you're in the clear, it's that time of year - play a Christmas album

My selection was played under a different category. I'm not much of a christmas music person, so this will have to do.

Danny Elfman ‎– The Nightmare Before Christmas - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

PXL_20201128_190232128.jpg

Day 28: Christmastime

I usually wait till at least the first of December, but this is fine, too.

The Monkees ‎– Christmas Party
Rhino Records ‎– R1 573134, 2018/2019

Exclusive "Candy Cane" variant from Monkees.com - limited to 1000

Cut by Ryan Smith at Sterling
Pressed at GZ/MRP

xDo8yR.jpg

TqTQxZ.jpg

Day 29: Treat Yo'self - A lot's happened this month, and you just made it through the holidays in a pandemic. Play something just for you, even if it annoys those around you.

St. Paul & The Broken Bones - Half The City

I don't think this one annoys anyone in our house, but I've been listening to this one a ton lately so maybe they're sick of hearing it haha. I don't care though because it's so good!

Day 29: Treat Yo'self - A lot's happened this month, and you just made it through the holidays in a pandemic. Play something just for you, even if it annoys those around you.

The last bit of National Anthem is glorious to me. To the rest of the house it's "Oh my god, can you change that..."

So...

Radiohead? Treat Yo' Self

Radiohead ~ Kid A

1606670414254.png

Sun Ra - Egyptian Oasis: Unreleased Recordings (Egypt 1971 Limited Box Set, Strut, 2020)

This is a similar situation to @D Jilla. Although Sun Ra is someone whose music I am less familiar with compared to other avant-garde jazz musicians, I really enough the energy and percussion in his recordings. My girlfriends take on the other hand is "I feel like I'm being pranked every time you play this, there's no way anyone can like it".

IMG_5513.JPG

To be fair I think it’s an unofficial pressing. Got it from a local shop that stocks some of the Rollin Records boot releases here and there, colored variants of Tool, Mad Season, The Mars Volta, Marilyn Manson, Slipknot, and other bands albums
How does it sound?

Back