Nom nom nom - Food Thread

So I was visiting my folks a month ago and visited this charcuterie/deli new place.
The guy does a lot of excellent stuff (guanciale, Spanish style chorizos, blood sausages) and I bought some nduja.
If you're unfamiliar (I was) it's a spreadable spice pork sausage. You can spread it on some toast, use it in pizza and I started looking for other uses.
I came about this recipe

Prawn nduja salad

I made it today, didn't have mache leaves or baby spinach on hand so I tossed in some basil leaves instead.
It was delicious.
Bottom line: if you find nduja, buy it.

View attachment 169803
I can get nduja at my local whole foods in a major east coast city so it's probably not as high quality as what you got but I find it to be a big flavor enhancer in quick tomato sauces. Just spreading it on toasted bread is also delicious.

Last edited:
Easter lunch with the family.

Roasted octopus, nduja, tatsoi, ramps and blood orange, angus sirloin steak and pommes boulangere in bordelaise sauce, salmon and gnocchi honey cheesecake, cookies and cream puff, strawberry shortcake macaron

eqIUjCZ.jpg

lHfjO0O.jpg

CfRpeh4.jpg

wXsi9Oj.jpg

E0Csz22.jpg

sX1xzwk.jpg

GRycb6C.jpg

Last edited:
Mother's day lunch. Peppered snails, jollof rice, skirt steak, yam pottage, moin moin, chicken cavatappi, butternut squash with zucchini and veggies, chocolate mousse and tiramisu cakes.

FwHfSbKXoAAALxV.jpg

FwHgCEoXgAA_C-4.jpg

FwHgCEqXoAM0_G0.jpg

FwHfSa_XwAU78az.jpg

FwHfSbIWIAQvtC2.jpg

FwHfSa_XwAASpfz.jpg

FwHgCEoWwAMiYt5.jpg

FwH1qpbWAAQP9wW.jpg

FwH1qpbXsAEvM2r.jpg

Does that cake say Happy @Mather ’s day?

I know it doesn’t but that’s what I read at first glance

WaPo food emailed a recipe that intrigued me the other day. I had some leftover cherries, so i knew I was gonna try it at some point this week. I never considered putting pineapple and cherries together, but it was fab. We skipped lunch today, so had an early dinner.

Stir fried pork with snow peas, cherries & pineapple over jasmine rice. Will def make this again.

1689200303867.jpeg

WaPo food emailed a recipe that intrigued me the other day. I had some leftover cherries, so i knew I was gonna try it at some point this week. I never considered putting pineapple and cherries together, but it was fab. We skipped lunch today, so had an early dinner.

Stir fried pork with snow peas, cherries & pineapple over jasmine rice. Will def make this again.

View attachment 177584
Never thought of using cherries. But I guess people add raisins to curry dishes, so adding cherries is not that far of a stretch. Thanks for the tip!

It ain't pretty, but here is a bowl of Japanese curry from a box for dinner. Made it for the first time; it tastes almost exactly as I remember it from Coco Ichibanya from Osaka. The quality is excellent for instant curry.

20230801_183057.jpg

It ain't pretty, but here is a bowl of Japanese curry from a box for dinner. Made it for the first time; it tastes almost exactly as I remember it from Coco Ichibanya from Osaka. The quality is excellent for instant curry.

View attachment 179115
I picked up a box of instant curry recently and have been meaning to whip it up one of these nights. Thanks for the reminder.

Back