No Buy Vinyl Support Thread

I just did a quick count of how many I bought last year and it was surprising. I think I need to slow down.

Not a full "no buy" but a drastic change none-the-less. I don't need to buy anywhere near 480 records this year.

I'm already up to 3....with some more on the way.

I don't need to buy anywhere near 480 records this year.

It's probably less than this...but not by much - maybe 450 at the lowest. Looking at my Discogs, I have almost 2 pages of entries - with each page at 250. Take away some older purchases that I corrected which variant they belong to.

(I wasn't as anal about pressing plants and such when I started entering my collection 10 years ago...and unique submissions with data like pressing plants wasn't really a thing there like it is now)

On the one hand I’m doing good in that I don’t have any records on pre-order at the moment...but I do have quite a few online (sale) purchases on their way.

I need to trim my collection too. I have sold a few things recently so that helps a little, though I still have too many records for the space available.

I don't think anyone is being held to some "standard" and the reality is, at least for me, if the right acid deal pops up, I'm jumping on it.....even during No-Buy-January, lol. I think the main thing we've all expressed is just being a little more strict with your buying habits and taking the time to actually listen to the albums we add and already have.

And this........spot on :)
Next time I feel the urge to look online for records I'll instead LISTEN TO AN ACTUAL RECORD I ALREADY OWN!!

Last edited:
Between the crazy sales & accideals over the past couple years, the vinyl budget was manageable. Then I dipped my toes into the Griselda crew offerings and shit got real... :ROFLMAO:

I just did a quick count of how many I bought last year and it was surprising. I think I need to slow down.

Not a full "no buy" but a drastic change none-the-less. I don't need to buy anywhere near 480 records this year.

I'm already up to 3....with some more on the way.
This is my situation too. Less impulse/FOMO, more thoughtful purchases. Maybe a monthly cap of 10? Gotta track pre-orders better too. Last year things would show up that I had forgotten I'd ordered months ago (and didn't particularly care about anymore).

Definitely not impulse/FOMO; that Rough Trade has Swans' latest on sale... but I can wait. 🤒

I just realised I forgot numbers, I have 6 CDs by numbers acts! Oh well ABBA is still a great place to begin!

I started to do this, too, but I got to Ryan Adams too quickly and I had to take a break.
Jesus, I own about 11 or 12 of his albums...

I hadn’t thought about that. I suppose I’ll just spin them...
I mean...if you aren’t going to spin them it’s probably a good time to go ahead and get rid of them, but if you decide to not listen to certain artists because of their character your collections are going to slim down quite a bit.

Back