No Buy Vinyl Support Thread

I was also considering a record store only policy for 2020.
I was thinking of switching from mostly online to record store purchases also. I have a decent shop close by and would rather support them than online retailers. And I definitely make more impulse purchases online vs. when I actually have to take my wallet out to pay.

I have no localsssss 😭

Yeah. Mine is an hour+ away, which is good for me

Booo! That makes me appreciate even more that I have about 20 record stores within a 10 mile radius! They are really great, the staff are passionate (apart from the chain ones), you always feel good supporting a local business and you get to take your record home and play it right away!

Last edited:
It's bittersweet. I love the experience of flipping through records in a real store but keeping my shopping online keeps me from making as many impulse buys.

This might seem counter intuitive, but with forum and Voldemort FOMO I’ve bought more regretful impulse stuff online than I ever have in store. I’ll often spend an hour wandering around whichever store I’m in. I’ll pick things up, put them back, have a think and then settle on it. It is much more thought through and considered when the thing is in my hands than a random click online...

This might seem counter intuitive, but with forum and Voldemort FOMO I’ve bought more regretful impulse stuff online than I ever have in store. I’ll often spend an hour wandering around whichever store I’m in. I’ll pick things up, put them back, have a think and then settle on it. It is much more thought through and considered when the thing is in my hands than a random click online...
This so much.

Don't get me wrong, I impulse buy no matter what lol I think I just value the experience of being in a record store physically because it's so rare for me that I feel like it's a waste to go to one and not come away with *something*

Don't get me wrong, I impulse buy no matter what lol I think I just value the experience of being in a record store physically because it's so rare for me that I feel like it's a waste to go to one and not come away with *something*
I’m this way with out of town shops but at home I usually go to find a thing. Imma make more just casual trips this year, tho.

I’ve been mulling it over in my brain, but I think I’m about ready to commit to it. I’ve been on a vinyl diet for a minute, though not a super successful one. I’ve got one more outstanding preorder (already paid for) but since I’ve exceeded my allowable storage space not only am I going to join Vinyl Banuarary, over the next 3 months I’m going to commit to trimming my collection by 10%. That’s 58 records. Sell some, PIF some, but it’s got to shrink. Wish me luck.

Back