No Buy Vinyl Support Thread

I have a pretty big backlog of PIFs I need to tend to, plus some Christmas presents and stuff I bought I just never listened to. Is that thread where someone on the forum makes a stack of vinyl for you to spin still a thing? Now that my Discogs is finally updated, I can actually do that, it always sounded like a cool idea

yes! It's somewhere in this part of the forum!

I've been running pretty lean since the beginning of November and I'd like to go with a No-Buy January. I have 4 albums on the way, and nothing else ordered, I want to take that time to re-evaluate the collection and the direction.........hanging onto the Quality over Quantity mantra in 2020 as well.

I think I'm also going to spin through my entire collection in 2020 starting January 1st, keep an eye out on the What's Spinning thread ;)

I've been running pretty lean since the beginning of November and I'd like to go with a No-Buy January. I have 4 albums on the way, and nothing else ordered, I want to take that time to re-evaluate the collection and the direction.........hanging onto the Quality over Quantity mantra in 2020 as well.

I think I'm also going to spin through my entire collection in 2020 starting January 1st, keep an eye out on the What's Spinning thread ;)

I’d love to do that but the What’s Spinning thread doesn’t accept half of my spinners because of anti laser prejudice 😟

Feel free to help the support system here too!

I think I bought 3 or 4 albums for myself in 2019. Once you get over that FOMO hump, it really is an amazing feeling. Collecting and enjoying my albums is fun again instead of stressful! It's ok to not own every single new album I like on vinyl. It really is ok. I can stream what I don't own. I've been using the discogs "random item" button to let it choose which album from my collection I should listen to next.

I think I bought 3 or 4 albums for myself in 2019. Once you get over that FOMO hump, it really is an amazing feeling. Collecting and enjoying my albums is fun again instead of stressful! It's ok to not own every single new album I like on vinyl. It really is ok. I can stream what I don't own. I've been using the discogs "random item" button to let it choose which album from my collection I should listen to next.
I love the Cogs "random item" button :)

I won’t be having a no buy January as I’ve ordered a couple of records on the cheap already and have a pre-order I need to sort, but I will have a lean January and February as I want to invest in some hardware upgrades in March I think.

Quality over quantity is key. I support all those trying to behave with vinyl and drink in January!

My button is cursed. At any given point in time that button can pick the album in my collection I am exactly the opposite mood of.

Mine had a habit of picking out one of the System of a Down CDs I have, every time. I kinda only still have them as nostalgia and have to be in a very particular mood to play them lol!

Mine had a habit of picking out one of the System of a Down CDs I have, every time. I kinda only still have them as nostalgia and have to be in a very particular mood to play them lol!
I think it likes CDs. It likes to pull the dozen or so CD box sets I have entered pretty frequently too.

Back