NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

UGH....I'm missing sports.

Specifically Baseball and Hockey.

But at least the Blues are still the Champs!!

EYFqVIzXQAIY-Wl.jpg

I was just notified via Twitter that tonight is the one year anniversary of...the hand pass.

:mad:

• Haha
Reactions: Tyr
Wtf do I kinda like the Bruins now?

Nahhh but amazing gesture

A surprising number of players have put out really good statements of solidarity. Toews and Seguin come to mind. Sadly a lot of the teams' statements have been pathetic and some downright insulting (e.g. the Islanders). I suppose that's to be expected considering most teams are owned by billionaires who bankrolled Trump's campaigns and several have had Blue Lives Matter nights as recently as this season. My own team honours a member of the armed forces every home game but not once have I seen them honour a social worker, a teacher, etc. There's a long way to go but considering the makeup and economic backgrounds of most of these players I've been impressed with them.

A surprising number of players have put out really good statements of solidarity. Toews and Seguin come to mind. Sadly a lot of the teams' statements have been pathetic and some downright insulting (e.g. the Islanders). I suppose that's to be expected considering most teams are owned by billionaires who bankrolled Trump's campaigns and several have had Blue Lives Matter nights as recently as this season. My own team honours a member of the armed forces every home game but not once have I seen them honour a social worker, a teacher, etc. There's a long way to go but considering the makeup and economic backgrounds of most of these players I've been impressed with them.
For a very, very, very white sport it’s fantastic!

Although to be fair to the Islanders, it’s no excuse, but they’re probably toeing a line because Long Island is racist as shit. Their ownership may be racists too, I have no idea.

Back