NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

So I guess they're playing in multiple arenas in each of the hub cities?

EDIT: nevermind... the time difference between games from teams in the same conference is big enough to play in one arena for each hub.

Kind of hoping my Preds gets eliminated so they have a chance at Lafreniere. A Stanley cup will feel tainted if you can't play in your own arena or celebrate with fans.
There was a really interesting article on the Athletic yesterday about that, using the odds the play-in teams would have at winning the Cup versus their (equal) odds of winning the lottery pick if they lost the play-in round, and which outcome would be more "valuable."
Really!? Where did you hear that?
Mentioned in an Athletic article today, as well. The players will be mic'd up to get more ice-level sounds, so they'll need to filter a bit.

"Sam Flood, executive producer and president of production for NBC/NBCSN, said there will likely be multiple microphones put on players, coaches and referees during broadcasts, which should give fans a unique feel of the game’s iconic sounds (skates on ice, tape-to-tape passes) and the more colorful ones (trash talk, etc). There will, however, reportedly be a five-second broadcast delay to monitor that language. Local broadcasters, like the Lightning’s Rick Peckham, will be calling games remotely from their own arenas, with the sounds from the hub cities (and “home” adds) sent through a feed."

"Sam Flood, executive producer and president of production for NBC/NBCSN, said there will likely be multiple microphones put on players, coaches and referees during broadcasts, which should give fans a unique feel of the game’s iconic sounds (skates on ice, tape-to-tape passes) and the more colorful ones (trash talk, etc). There will, however, reportedly be a five-second broadcast delay to monitor that language. Local broadcasters, like the Lightning’s Rick Peckham, will be calling games remotely from their own arenas, with the sounds from the hub cities (and “home” adds) sent through a feed."
But what about Sportsnet here in Canada?

@Mather please confirm
Well five second delays are pretty common, your home cable and internet video feeds are already heavily delayed simply due to latency so honestly unless you're watching in a room with five different feeds from five different networks going you'd never know the difference.

Rogers Ignite being IP based already runs on a 20 or so second delay all the time...

Relatedly, my friend bought a mini projector that we're going to hook up to a super long ethernet cable and wire to either my deck or my backyard, and then throw up a bedsheet or whatever to watch on the railing or fence and watch the games (at least the Leaf games starting in the evening) socially distanced. Any of you guys got fun plans for the playoffs?

Relatedly, my friend bought a mini projector that we're going to hook up to a super long ethernet cable and wire to either my deck or my backyard, and then throw up a bedsheet or whatever to watch on the railing or fence and watch the games (at least the Leaf games starting in the evening) socially distanced. Any of you guys got fun plans for the playoffs?
I'll likely watch from work in front of a 50 screen multiviewer. And if not then I'll watch on my projector screen in the party garage, or the 106" one in my living room, or the 125" in the new party basement. 😀

Back