NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

Canucks got Tyler Toffoli a week before the trade deadline!

I'm actually pretty on-board about this move. They gave up Tim Schaller, who is developing alright but isn't an irreplaceable asset. Tyler Madden is a good prospect, for they are flush with forward depth in their prospect pool right now. 2nd Round pick might be one round high, but isn't going to break them.

Now hopefully they stay pat through the rest of the deadline and roll with what they've got.

November 14th:
Back in the summer when all the Marner stuff was happening I stated on here somewhere that I think the Leafs are going to serve as a cautionary tale for years to come about how to NOT build a hockey team. One quarter of the way through the season I'd just like to announce my candidacy for the Leafs GM position effective immediately.
Yes but most talented team unfortunately doesn't necessarily equate to a good team. We are not a "smart" team, we are not "responsible with the puck", we don't "hit anyone", our defense frequently "covers the wrong player" or both cover "the same player", our forwards "vanish for games at a time", Cody Ceci is "on our team" and also "playing in the top four", we have four players "earning roughly the GDP of Denmark", we have so little cap space that we have to carry one less player on our roster than "every other competent team in the league" and lastly our team is coached by a "barely functional caricature".

I've been calling for Babcock to be fired since last November, I agree there. But Dubas deserves some of the blame for this mess of a team as well. He signed 3 terrible contracts that are going to hamstring this team for years to come. That's on him.
Brother, I'm not even sure we MAKE the playoffs. Let alone win a round.

I'm just gunna leave this here.

Last edited:
Pens are in first place in the Metropolitan Division! 👏

Don't expect that to change anytime soon, the Caps are playing like one of the worst teams in the league right now and the Flyers (checks notes, yup they're up to 3rd in the Met) are pretty far back still. The Caps have been painful to watch since the All-Star Break. Hopefully bringing Brenden Dillon in helps, but I honestly don't know too much about him.

These are the numbers since 12/23, but the stats are even worse when looking at the last 9 games:

caps-golden-knights-numbers2.jpeg

Don't expect that to change anytime soon, the Caps are playing like one of the worst teams in the league right now and the Flyers (checks notes, yup they're up to 3rd in the Met) are pretty far back still. The Caps have been painful to watch since the All-Star Break. Hopefully bringing Brenden Dillon in helps, but I honestly don't know too much about him.

These are the numbers since 12/23, but the stats are even worse when looking at the last 9 games:

caps-golden-knights-numbers2.jpeg
Speaking of bad...insert my CBJ lately...that Seth Jones injury has been huge ;(

After the Lightning's emotional roller coaster of a season last year, I can't be too optimistic, ever again. However, they look really great headed into the final quarter of the season. I hope they continue to play this well and we can win the Atlantic over the Boston Booooins

After the Lightning's emotional roller coaster of a season last year, I can't be too optimistic, ever again. However, they look really great headed into the final quarter of the season. I hope they continue to play this well and we can win the Atlantic over the Boston Booooins
At this junction, I think either Pittsburgh or Tampa Bay will come out of the east.

When the Leafs lose tonight to a 42 year old Zamboni driver who's had a kidney transplant, then will you believe me that this team is utter trash?
I mean, a) it's one game; teams have bad games and b) Freddie has been literally the worst goalie in the league since Christmas. It's not hard to find where the problem has been.

I mean, a) it's one game; teams have bad games and b) Freddie has been literally the worst goalie in the league since Christmas. It's not hard to find where the problem has been.
Dude, they've given up 50+ shots and have played half the game against a 42 YEAR OLD ZAMBONI DRIVER. On a second game of a back to back for Carolina. On whom they have gotten 8 total shots, only two of which were actually hard. This is not Freddie's fault. This is one of the worst losses in sports history, in any sport. It's an absolute travesty.

And this is as perfect example as you can have as to why this team is a total joke.

Dude, they've given up 50+ shots and have played half the game against a 42 YEAR OLD ZAMBONI DRIVER. On a second game of a back to back for Carolina. On whom they have gotten 8 total shots, only two of which were actually hard. This is not Freddie's fault. This is one of the worst losses in sports history, in any sport. It's an absolute travesty.

And this is as perfect example as you can have as to why this team is a total joke.
It was a very bad, embarassing game! I don't deny that at all. That doesn't change that Freddy has been a sub-.900 goalie over the last two months and that the team has been a top-five team since the coaching change!

Lmfaooo! The Lightning just got their ass handed to them by the shittin coyotes Put up three goals and gave up seven for f sake. So I totally feel where you're coming from and oh by the way, see you Tuesday.

Back