NHL Thread Because There Isn't An NHL Thread

Patty Marleau to Pitrsburgh for a 3rd round draft pick. Good rental player. Adds depth to the forward position and a better winger option on the 3rd line. #LetsGoPens 🐧

Wishing my Preds would try to trade our UFA's. We might make the playoffs but we might not, Would like to get some drafts picks for Granuland, Bonino or Smith.

The fans that say Yzerman is doing a poor job so far as Wings GM clearly are blind to how bad this team was when he took over. I've already seen plenty of #fireyzerman tags. It's going to be at least another season or two before they are ready to even sneak into the playoffs. The rebuild didn't start with Holland, it began in earnest when Stevie got here. It's hard, but patience is the key.

I realize part of it is because everyone is grumpy here in Detroit; we are absolutely dying for a turnaround with ANY of the 4 major teams. All basement dwellers, all in a rebuild. Yes, Lions, you are too.

Man Ottawa should be a team to be reckoned with a few years.

The fans that say Yzerman is doing a poor job so far as Wings GM clearly are blind to how bad this team was when he took over. I've already seen plenty of #fireyzerman tags. It's going to be at least another season or two before they are ready to even sneak into the playoffs. The rebuild didn't start with Holland, it began in earnest when Stevie got here. It's hard, but patience is the key.

I realize part of it is because everyone is grumpy here in Detroit; we are absolutely dying for a turnaround with ANY of the 4 major teams. All basement dwellers, all in a rebuild. Yes, Lions, you are too.

they need to chill the f out. wings had so much success and stability it aint funny.
even if it takes another 3 years for them to be back in the playoffs.

they need to chill the f out. wings had so much success and stability it aint funny.

Totally agree. I do think a coaching change needs to happen though. You don't get to flirt with a franchise record for losses and retain your job, even if the roster is likely more the problem than the coaching. There's rumors swirling about Lane Lambert being the next guy, but who knows.

Really!? That's bonkers. Yzerman built one of, if not the, biggest juggernauts of a team in the salary cap era through making a plan, sticking to it, patience, and not panicking when things didn't work out right away. The Wings are like historically bad this year. It's going to take a while.
Man Ottawa should be a team to be reckoned with a few years.

Not when they trade away all their best players the minute they need a raise!
100%

Really!? That's bonkers. Yzerman built one of, if not the, biggest juggernauts of a team in the salary cap era through making a plan, sticking to it, patience, and not panicking when things didn't work out right away. The Wings are like historically bad this year. It's going to take a while.

I totally agree. He seems to run a team similar to the way he played for the Wings, because patience and not panicking is a big part of what ended the cup drought in the 90s.

And, the #fireyzerman stuff has to be trolls.

I totally agree. He seems to run a team similar to the way he played for the Wings, because patience and not panicking is a big part of what ended the cup drought in the 90s.

And, the #fireyzerman stuff has to be trolls.
We have the same trolls over here in Columbus saying fire torts or trade werenski...idiots

Back