New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

I just started cleaning today. It’s pretty straight forward. I haven’t play tested KOB yet. A couple questions, though:

When the record is done drying, it can go straight into an inner sleeve, right?

Does the water need to be warmed a little before use?

The G-Sonic, its one drop in the water, is it while in the tank or after you have poured it in the basin?

Give it a look. Sometimes the odd drop remains on the disc. I keep a clean microfibre cloth nearby just in case. I do live in a very humid country though, particularly so in winter.

No it doesn’t unless it’s actually cold.

I don’t put the water in the tank first. I measure it in the basin using the stick measure and then put the drop of g sonic on top of it.

Last edited:
I just started cleaning today. It’s pretty straight forward. I haven’t play tested KOB yet. A couple questions, though:

When the record is done drying, it can go straight into an inner sleeve, right?

Does the water need to be warmed a little before use?

The G-Sonic, its one drop in the water, is it while in the tank or after you have poured it in the basin?
1) Yep. Double check there are no droplets in the run-out. If there are, change the dryer to 10 minute cycles.

2) No, but it will warm up a couple degrees per 5 minute cycle. Some people start with warm water, and I'm sure it helps, but I never bother.

3) I put water in the basin and then put the G-Sonic in there.

Give it a look. Sometimes the odd drop remains on the disc. I keep a clean microfibre cloth nearby just in case. I do live in a very humid country though, particularly so in winter.

No it doesn’t unless it’s actually cold.

I don’t put the water in the tank first. I measure it in the basin using the stick measure and then put the drop of g sonic on top of it.

1) Yep. Double check there are no droplets in the run-out. If there are, change the dryer to 10 minute cycles.

2) No, but it will warm up a couple degrees per 5 minute cycle. Some people start with warm water, and I'm sure it helps, but I never bother.

3) I put water in the basin and then put the G-Sonic in there.
The first 2-3 records had a tiny bit along the bottom edge when I pulled it out but nothing since.

It was room temp. Just saw it mentioned in the manual but seemed like a bit of an unnecessary hassle.

I will remember that for next time.

The first 2-3 records had a tiny bit along the bottom edge when I pulled it out but nothing since.

It was room temp. Just saw it mentioned in the manual but seemed like a bit of an unnecessary hassle.

I will remember that for next time.

Room temperature is perfect. If you’re one of those people then yes there is probably a minor improvement but it’s unnecessary hassle for extremely minimal gain. Plus the unit heats the water up for you, to the point that back when I was doing the collection, after 9 or 10 records in a row I’d be more concerned with it being too warm and used to take a little break.

Got my replacement PCB from Humminguru. Easy enough to swap it out. Weirdly didn’t come with any instructions that I saw.

It also came with these other parts and not entirely sure what those are for…
IMG_8951.jpeg
IMG_8950.jpeg

Got my replacement PCB from Humminguru. Easy enough to swap it out. Weirdly didn’t come with any instructions that I saw.

It also came with these other parts and not entirely sure what those are for…
View attachment 180902
View attachment 180903

Top one is a replacement motor for the turning wheel and the bottom is the PCB that controls the motor. both are located under the top lid.

Wow that's awesome. And of course raises the question of whether the noise you were getting was an outlier.
Yea —I always thought it was a bit strange that nobody else seemed to find the machine high-pitched sounding. Mine had a pretty shrill squeaking but I just left it in another room so it wasn’t a huge deal to me. The machine still worked well. I’ll see how it sounds after more usage but all the issues seem fixed. HG was easy to deal with for this. The replacement PCB was like $30 shipped or something so wasn’t bad. And was real easy to replace.

Yea —I always thought it was a bit strange that nobody else seemed to find the machine high-pitched sounding. Mine had a pretty shrill squeaking but I just left it in another room so it wasn’t a huge deal to me. The machine still worked well. I’ll see how it sounds after more usage but all the issues seem fixed. HG was easy to deal with for this. The replacement PCB was like $30 shipped or something so wasn’t bad. And was real easy to replace.
Always great to hear how responsive to problems HG has been, and that solving your issue was a straightforward affair.

Always great to hear how responsive to problems HG has been, and that solving your issue was a straightforward affair.
Yea for sure. I’m happy with the response. It just took a few days of back and forth with the time difference to diagnose it but that wasn’t really their fault! also glad they sent those other replacement parts in case those become an issue later on.

Back