New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

I sure did. I estimated my collection of about 1100 was 2000 discs in the first 3 months alone!

Then what I’ve bought in the following 19 months, but we don’t need to put a number on that…..
I'm afraid we do.

giphy.gif

Fair play to HumminGuru. I’ve had a little back and forward with them this morning and they’ve agreed with me that it’s the motor/gearbox and they’re sending me out a replacement. Got the invoice just now and paid it immediately.

80HKD for the thing and 120HKD to ship. Works out roughly €20! Hopefully will be with me soon 🤞🏻

Fair play to HumminGuru. I’ve had a little back and forward with them this morning and they’ve agreed with me that it’s the motor/gearbox and they’re sending me out a replacement. Got the invoice just now and paid it immediately.

80HKD for the thing and 120HKD to ship. Works out roughly €20! Hopefully will be with me soon 🤞🏻
the fact that the thing is so repairable is a godsend, honestly. It could just as easily have been a black box.

Funnily enough I use that every time! Plus it’s handy because it takes out that filter and the powered wheel!
I have not used the tool in several months - I’ll start looking for it. I usually just use the 12” level setting on the water basin to get the right quantity.

Have had no need to remove the powered wheel previously.

I have not used the tool in several months - I’ll start looking for it. I usually just use the 12” level setting on the water basin to get the right quantity.

Ah yeah I find it easier to find the basin than the small tank out of a 5L bottle. Gives a bit more room for splash error! I’ve had to remove the bottom filter and the powered wheel a couple of times but then my machine has been run a lot harder than most around here!

I pull out that filter after every cleaning session and I honestly don't think there's ever been anything to clean out of it. Having said that, it may be relevant that I have developed my own filtering system for moving the water from tank to reservoir after each record has been cleaned/dried, so it is possible less gunk is going through that filter at the bottom of the reservoir.

But the same is true for the air filter at the very bottom-right of the unit that I assume is related to the fan. I've pulled it out a few times, but there's never anything to clean from it.

I pull out that filter after every cleaning session and I honestly don't think there's ever been anything to clean out of it. Having said that, it may be relevant that I have developed my own filtering system for moving the water from tank to reservoir after each record has been cleaned/dried, so it is possible less gunk is going through that filter at the bottom of the reservoir.

But the same is true for the air filter at the very bottom-right of the unit that I assume is related to the fan. I've pulled it out a few times, but there's never anything to clean from it.
that filter really only catches larger-scale debris like hairs, paper flakes, etc.

My replacement PCB out of warranty (which also included other parts) was about $30 shipped, so it’s pretty great that they diagnose things fairly quickly and send out parts that don’t cost an arm and a leg.

Totally. Not loving this super slow shipping considering €12 of the €20 was shipping cost!
Mine took a few days to ship out. Mine had a customs form but was then sent from a US address which I thought was weird! But it got here in a week or so. Shipping was more than the parts for me too haha

Mine took a few days to ship out. Mine had a customs form but was then sent from a US address which I thought was weird! But it got here in a week or so. Shipping was more than the parts for me too haha

Yeah mine has come from china and it’s 15 days already. I doubt it’ll be here before Wednesday or Thursday so it’s looking like 3 weeks. Which is excessive for €12 shipping for something as light and small as the motor on one of these.

Back