New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Something else The Humminguru has made very apparent to me - as a general rule, today's pressings are so overpriced and so subpar in quality. I can clean a brand new record that looks flawless and still have so much noise that's just inherent in the pressing. Conversely, I can clean an older record that still shows visible flaws afterwards and it'll play clean as can be.

Something else The Humminguru has made very apparent to me - as a general rule, today's pressings are so overpriced and so subpar in quality. I can clean a brand new record that looks flawless and still have so much noise that's just inherent in the pressing. Conversely, I can clean an older record that still shows visible flaws afterwards and it'll play clean as can be.
PREACH!

It totally isn’t on a boat.
sad_theodore.jpg

Buy your inner and outer sleeves from HG now (or don't, I won't be!)

I don't think I'll hit those numbers. I'm thinking 5 a day, maybe.

I got mine the back end of 2021 while I was still on Covid work from home. I knew I’d be back in work in early 2022 so I just hit it hard while I could. If I hadn’t it’d have taken a long long long time to get through the lot of them!

I basically just wash mine as they come in, and wash older records (which have already been vacuum cleaned) on a short cycle before I listen to them. I've got a custom field in Discogs so I can mark records as having gone through the HG.

Motor that turns the records is fucked. Not spinning properly. Not too shocked. My machine did see a lot of use early doors.

Just reached out to happywell. They were really quick in warranty in sending out replacement pcbs. Hopefully can get me out a motor sharpish out of warranty and that it won’t cost too much!

Motor that turns the records is fucked. Not spinning properly. Not too shocked. My machine did see a lot of use early doors.

Just reached out to happywell. They were really quick in warranty in sending out replacement pcbs. Hopefully can get me out a motor sharpish out of warranty and that it won’t cost too much!
You got a lot of use outta that motor!

Back