New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

think it's likely either a new motherboard or that themoprotection switch is faulty.

Mine was a bit different to that when they went. In that I had the dull light but it didn’t do that stop start thing it more started and then very quickly sort of died and came to a halt.

How often are most of you changing out the tank filter? I feel like I saw after 50 cycles it’s recommended but seem to be missing that now.

I did have my first record that was too thick/heavy that just wouldn’t consistently spin through the clean or dry cycle so that was interesting. Beyond that the HG has been great and fully part of my process now, especially picking up so many used records.

How often are most of you changing out the tank filter? I feel like I saw after 50 cycles it’s recommended but seem to be missing that now.

I did have my first record that was too thick/heavy that just wouldn’t consistently spin through the clean or dry cycle so that was interesting. Beyond that the HG has been great and fully part of my process now, especially picking up so many used records.
I never had a too thick record not spinning. I had too thin and not catching the turning wheels. Solved by putting an adhesive silicon nub behind the wheel housing.

Is there a cheaper alternative to the white filter replacements for the water tank?
Yes. Buy something like this and cut to size.

Aquarium Filter Pad – FilterFirst Aquarium Filter Floss for Fish Tank Filters - Aquarium Filter Media Roll for Crystal Clear Water, Aquatic Experts - 12 by 72 by ¾ Inches to 1 Inch Thick https://a.co/d/192OtCj

I change the water after about 20 records or if I see stuff floating around in there. I also don’t let the water sit for more than a week.

Well, I decided to join the club. I received my unit yesterday. The first album I washed was a 1975 copy of Pink Floyd's, Wish You Were Here. I had washed it multiple times with my VPI unit and there was still a very noticeable ticking in the right channel on side 1 that made it almost unlistenable. After running it through the Guru it is almost dead quiet. I'm sold. Now, time to sell the VPI...

Last edited:
I just started cleaning today. It’s pretty straight forward. I haven’t play tested KOB yet. A couple questions, though:

When the record is done drying, it can go straight into an inner sleeve, right?

Does the water need to be warmed a little before use?

The G-Sonic, its one drop in the water, is it while in the tank or after you have poured it in the basin?

Back