New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

So this begs the question, when are we all going to buy a second one to start selling out ultrasonic cleaning services for our locals?
Lol, there's a guy in my area that does that. $3 per disc, includes a new MoFi inner and outer.

Feels like I need to finally get involved in this. Should I order a second bath at the same time or just the standard kit? I don’t think I’ll bother with the 7/10 adapters.

Reactions: mgp
Feels like I need to finally get involved in this. Should I order a second bath at the same time or just the standard kit? I don’t think I’ll bother with the 7/10 adapters.

I suppose it’s no harm. I didn’t see why i need one tbh. The extra set of filters comes in handy because if you do a whole collection run through you’ll use up a few. Unless you’ve a few 7/10 in the collection id see why you might skip them, I’ve found them pretty handy though.

I suppose it’s no harm. I didn’t see why i need one tbh. The extra set of filters comes in handy because if you do a whole collection run through you’ll use up a few. Unless you’ve a few 7/10 in the collection id see why you might skip them, I’ve found them pretty handy though.
Yeh I have less than a handful, and mostly I don’t play them so I’m not fussed about them. I’ve read of people using a second bath with just distilled water for a rinse cycle with the first bath containing some cleaning agent and it being quite successful. So maybe I’ll read some more on that.

Yeh I have less than a handful, and mostly I don’t play them so I’m not fussed about them. I’ve read of people using a second bath with just distilled water for a rinse cycle with the first bath containing some cleaning agent and it being quite successful. So maybe I’ll read some more on that.

With the ultrasonic I’ve not felt the need for a rinse. It seems overkill, you’re using a really low concentration of the wetting agent and I’ve not noticed any crackle from records from stuff left behind. If anything they’ve been even more dead silent than the ones cleaned before I was using it.

Honestly I've done around 800 records and feel like I've already gotten my money's worth.

Yeah with my collection of just over 500 records, just going through the collection once means it's about 1€ a clean for me and that's something I would have always paid for.

I've had a couple of instances where I've also cleaned up VG records to sound EX and that's saved me the money of "upgrading" that record with a new purchase. I'm really happy about those and now also consider buying VG/VG+ records on discogs after I've asked the seller if there are no major imperfections. So I feel like I'm also profiting that way by having invested in this device.

Yeah with my collection of just over 500 records, just going through the collection once means it's about 1€ a clean for me and that's something I would have always paid for.

I've had a couple of instances where I've also cleaned up VG records to sound EX and that's saved me the money of "upgrading" that record with a new purchase. I'm really happy about those and now also consider buying VG/VG+ records on discogs after I've asked the seller if there are no major imperfections. So I feel like I'm also profiting that way by having invested in this device.
Yeah, I love this thing. It’s made a few records that were borderline unlistenable (hello, Parasite soundtrack) much, much better, and made some already VG+ vintage records I own sound brand new. And it’s so easy to use.

Worth every penny.

I have a Spin Clean, so I figured it can't hurt to use it for an after rinse. I usually do see a little stuff on the bottom after rinsing many records. Perhaps some occasional minute stuff that was loosened but still on the record?

So does it clean deeper than a spin clean.. I know id like the no hassle of just "put it in, wait 15 minutes, put in sleeve" (even if putting it in my bedroom with the noise is a lot)

The issue is for 4 times the cost of a spin clean it has to do just as good or better without the hassle.. and it's got the no hassle (though the fans require multiple drys though)

So does it clean deeper than a spin clean.. I know id like the no hassle of just "put it in, wait 15 minutes, put in sleeve" (even if putting it in my bedroom with the noise is a lot)

The issue is for 4 times the cost of a spin clean it has to do just as good or better without the hassle.. and it's got the no hassle (though the fans require multiple drys though)
I feel certain the HumminGuru cleans deeper than a spin clean, though I've never used the latter. I've used a couple of different vacuum-based cleaners and the HG is better than those. Also, in my experience with the HG, if it doesn't dry in 5 minutes, it probably isn't going to dry in 10 either, so a 5-minute drying cycle is sufficient. I clean for 5, dry for 5, so 10-minutes (total) per record and back into the sleeve (or a new one if called for). This thing's a game changer.

Yes it does. The spin clean is a really good starting point but this has been able to make a significant difference to some albums that had already been cleaned on the spin clean but still caused some issues.

Yes it does. The spin clean is a really good starting point but this has been able to make a significant difference to some albums that had already been cleaned on the spin clean but still caused some issues.
Yeah, and by the time id set up the spin clean and prepared the workspace , i allready have cleaned a bunch in the HG and cooked lunch

Yeah, the ultrasonic is producing objectively better results than my vacuum unit, which produced objectively better results than my Spin Clean. It’s no contest.

Back