New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Aside from my bump in the road, I have been really happy with my purchase.

The set it and forget it aspect has been a game changer and I find myself looking forward to cleaning records rather than dreading it.
What was the issue you have if you don't mind me asking?

What was the issue you have if you don't mind me asking?
Long story short I ended up having to remove (by way of short circuiting) the water temperature sensor that prevented the unit from running the clean cycle.

Took some back and forth with their CS folks and a some other troubleshooting (including a replacement control board). Really my only complaint was the possibility of having to send it back on my dime, but they really tried everything to prevent me from having to do that.

Last edited:
Another record saved thanks to the HG. I bought a super dirty sounding copy of Monk's Dream last year and even after a few trips through a Squeaky Clean it was noisy all the way through on both sides. Now its like a tiny bit of static of side B and thats it. the rest of the record sound phenomeonal despite it being a 63' release that came to me pretty beat. Just wild what this machine has done for my collection.

Yesterday was my bday and I received about $350 in bday cash..... should I do the thing? Seems the consensus is overwhelmingly positive
Happy bday dude!

I love the HG and think it’s a worthy investment especially if you’re buying used records. Mine is a bit squeaky sounding so that’s my only gripe. I put it in another room and shut the door. I can’t be in the same room as it while it’s doing the ultrasonic cleaning.

It won’t fix bad pressings. But I’ve noticed some really great differences in older pressings. And cleaning your records (even new ones) should help with preserving your stylus and give you a nicer listening experience overall

Happy bday dude!

I love the HG and think it’s a worthy investment especially if you’re buying used records. Mine is a bit squeaky sounding so that’s my only gripe. I put it in another room and shut the door. I can’t be in the same room as it while it’s doing the ultrasonic cleaning.

It won’t fix bad pressings. But I’ve noticed some really great differences in older pressings. And cleaning your records (even new ones) should help with preserving your stylus and give you a nicer listening experience overall
Thank you and thanks for the testimony! I'll be ready to pull the trigger come next batch then, very excited to have a solid cleaning set-up. Spin clean leaves much to be desired and its quite the hassle as I'm sure you know.

Thank you and thanks for the testimony! I'll be ready to pull the trigger come next batch then, very excited to have a solid cleaning set-up. Spin clean leaves much to be desired and its quite the hassle as I'm sure you know.

Yeah I loved my spin clean and it made a big difference v no cleaning but this is a huge step up in every way. If you’re on insta follow them, that’s where they announce these things first. Also I found using the Groovewaher G Sonic to be another decent step up from the water only.

Yesterday was my bday and I received about $350 in bday cash..... should I do the thing? Seems the consensus is overwhelmingly positive
Happy birthday and....

giphy.gif

a feature for a future iteration of this thing. some sort of lock check to make sure the reservoir is fully seated in the machine. Second time out of a couple hundred records I didnt push all the way in and water spilled everywhere.

a feature for a future iteration of this thing. some sort of lock check to make sure the reservoir is fully seated in the machine. Second time out of a couple hundred records I didnt push all the way in and water spilled everywhere.
Huh, I was under the impression it did have to be fully seated in order to run, but I guess you proved that wrong!

Yeah I know that there is that lock function with the red light when its not in there and you're pouring water back into the reservoir, but this is the second time I've managed to trip that lock without knowing and ended up losing half the water I had in there.

That's also happened to me a couple of times. It's created quite a mess but now I make sure it's fully locked in place before I hit clean.

Back