New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

I've cleaned about 400 records and just swapped out my water filter for the 2nd time and air filter for the first time. I also wash the water filter every night after a cleaning session and it's never been filthy I do notice a bit of dirty on it.
Good to know! I've cleaned just over 200 and the water filter isn't dirty so much as just losing its integrity, so I imagine I'll swap it out before too long. Though as I noted in a post above, I may not be using that small-filter system anymore, so we'll see. Interesting about the air filter because I haven't seen anything on it, though I did just wash it for the first time.

I changed my water filter after ~200. It was pretty dingy but i feel like it would have been fine for another 200. I mean really, the dirtier it gets the more effective it becomes, if you think about it.

I changed my water filter after ~200. It was pretty dingy but i feel like it would have been fine for another 200. I mean really, the dirtier it gets the more effective it becomes, if you think about it.

I got to 840 pieces of vinyl with mine before I changed it. It does get pretty dirty most time, although most notably when cleaning new arrivals, particularly new or soiled records. Out of new audiophile like MOFI or AP are by far the dirtiest because of the oils that are released from the compound to prevent it sticking to the press.

Similar to how often you can re use any water. Use your judgment on when it’s dirty. The only thing would be if you’re doing a large batch and having to top it up every 10 or so records you will be diluting it down each time.
I guess I was wondering if the treated water loses its effectiveness or punch after reusing it (assuming no dilution)

how about degassing? are people doing that? I've let the cleaning cycle run for two minutes without a record for this purpose Is that enough?

how about degassing? are people doing that? I've let the cleaning cycle run for two minutes without a record for this purpose Is that enough?
I don't understand the purpose of this. Do you do that every time you pour it back through the filter? I assume the same amount of gases would be introduced each time.

I’ve always found that eating a tin of baked beans was the most efficient way to degas….
800px-Degas_Deux_danseuses_.jpg

Bend and stretch, the air flows right out.

Back