New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Honestly all the feedback on the Elac’s is really positive and if you’ve the right system I’m sure they’ll sound fantastic. They need a little power so they’re probably not right for anyone running tubes but I’d not sniff at them at all! Plus they’re kind of a different beast to the Linton’s, as an actual bookshelf speaker the Denton is probably a fairer comparison.
For the price I paid for the ELACs I am very happy. Even with their sale prices now they will never be as low as I got them.

To address a new need in the market. Can we all band together to figure out what combination of chemicals combines to make biodegradable record sleeves? My conscience is heavy.

Honestly all the feedback on the Elac’s is really positive and if you’ve the right system I’m sure they’ll sound fantastic. They need a little power so they’re probably not right for anyone running tubes but I’d not sniff at them at all! Plus they’re kind of a different beast to the Linton’s, as an actual bookshelf speaker the Denton is probably a fairer comparison.
I guess I should clarify that I have the floor standing F6.2.

To address a new need in the market. Can we all band together to figure out what combination of chemicals combines to make biodegradable record sleeves? My conscience is heavy.
Me: I will only buy the finest in organic mattresses and pillows and bedding and flooring and carpeting and furniture and paint because I CARE about my family and the environment and I simply refuse to be a contributing factor to the swift decline of our planet.

Also me: Has 600 slabs of highly processed toxic petroleum products each one encased in its own polyvinyl chloride bag sitting smack dab in the middle of my livingroom.

Last edited:
ELACs are quite nice, and definitely on the 'smooth and warm' end of the spectrum. I'm too addicted to the 'live' quality of horns to give it up, but I enjoyed listening to the ELACs I've heard.

Me: I will only buy the finest in organic mattresses and pillows and bedding and flooring and carpeting and furniture and paint because I CARE about my family and the environment and I simply refuse to be a contributing factor to the swift decline of the planet.

Also me: Has 600 slabs of highly processed toxic petroleum products each one encased in its own polyvinyl chloride bag sitting smack dab in the middle of my livingroom.

Me: I care about energy usuage, only buy green energy, pay more for high efficiency items and picked a car with a high mpg.

Also me: owns a fucking tube amplifier!

Last edited:
Me: I care about energy usuage, only buy green energy, pay more for high efficiency items and picked a car with a high mpg.

Also me: owns a a fucking tube amplifier!
I too care about energy usage.

-looks at 3 projectors, two surround sound systems, an arcade machine, bubble hockey game and 2 neon signs-

Those uh... those don't count.

Yep, I like my rustic hickory Dirty Weekends. I did, however, fall prey to the MoFi tt peer pressure. And the Grado Gold3 peer pressure. And the Darlington Labs phonostage peer pressure. BUT NOT THE LINTONS, THAT"S WHERE I DRAW THE LINE!

At least you finally learned where to draw the line.

Ok first real oh shit moment with this machine tonight. Happened with a less than stellar cut record where I believe there is a chip or something funny with the shape that caused the record and rollers to get hung up and the spinning completely stopped until the motor could overcome the resistance.

Not really a flaw in the machine, just a heads up for the rest of the group to keep an eye out for chipped edges or otherwise. Maybe don’t completely walk away until you see the record doing fine with full rotations.

After a busy few days of work I’m back cleaning again today. Now upto 180 pieces of wax cleaned (not releases though, some of these are big sets so I don’t know that lol). Everything I’ve played so far has been remarkable in how dead silent it is and the filters do a great job of you keeping going on one tank and just topping up occasionally as the water level drops.

Back