New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

I'd be very interested if anybody has a disc that G+/VG- ie that plays through ok but has a lot of crackle and could do a before and after of the sound (or at least describe it). I have an Okki Nokki currently but this is v tempting. It would only be worth it though if it could improve, by however much, such records as so many of my African stuff (especially singles) is like that - no skips, often ok sound but lots of background noise.
I have a bunch of Jamaican records that have bg noise but there nothing any kind of cleaning can do with them. They were just pressed on shit vinyl. I do have some older kinda beat up Blue Notes that I’ll test it on though once I get mine

I have a bunch of Jamaican records that have bg noise but there nothing any kind of cleaning can do with them. They were just pressed on shit vinyl. I do have some older kinda beat up Blue Notes that I’ll test it on though once I get mine
On the Tuff Gong label by chance? Crusher bass on most of their pressings which are of variable quality. But the music!

I’m not saying it’s perfect by any means but it sounds like there are some dynamics in there, there is now negligible distortion and the pops and clicks are down to a couple a side rather than all over!
Good to read a positive comment regarding sound quality besides quieter surfaces and fewer pops and clicks. More of the music coming through.

I’m horrible with this stuff. I’m in California, it says it goes on sale Nov 18th at 8pm (GMT+8)….which means what to me?

I think it is 7am EST / 4am PST on the 18th. If someone else can confirm I would appreciate it.
That’s what I initially thought as well, my weird counting I just did on a gmt map is telling me it’s actually gonna be on the 17th here in the USA though.I’m so confused.

That’s what I initially thought as well, my weird counting I just did on a gmt map is telling me it’s actually gonna be on the 17th here in the USA though.I’m so confused.
If EST is GMT -5 and it is GMT +8, it should be a 13hr difference, right?

Back