New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

What else would a degritter do for me as far as a clean record goes? that's what i'm trying to pin down.
It has more ultrasonic transducers operating at a sweeping frequency from 40khz to 120khz, which they claim does a better job getting into the grooves of the record. It also has an active filtration loop on the water tank to strain out the cleaning liquid during the cycle, which likely helps prevent particulates from settling back into the surface.

It also has a price point that is subject to, shall we say, Audiophile Inflation.

I think if you don’t go in expecting a Degritter for 1/10th the cost you’ll probably be happy with it. I find very little to complain about at the price point.
This exactly. I’ve seen lots of people on Facebook and such saying that this isn’t as good as their degritter. The HG definitely left some features out to keep the price down. But for the price, I think it’s pretty awesome. I prefer it to my VPI. I have no interest in dropping $3,000 or whatever the price is on a degritter. It would become the most expensive item in my setup which just seems silly.

the one thing from multiple reviews i've seen that would stop me from buying this is how its.. VERY loud

the one thing from multiple reviews i've seen that would stop me from buying this is how its.. VERY loud

Vacuum RCM's are louder as far as I have experienced, but in shorter time spans. What is great with the HG is its size makes it easy to place in other rooms and leave it with the door closed. Then you don't hear much is my experience.

Vacuum RCM's are louder as far as I have experienced, but in shorter time spans. What is great with the HG is its size makes it easy to place in other rooms and leave it with the door closed. Then you don't hear much is my experience.
Yeah my Squeaky Clean vac is not only deafening but I have to stand right next to it for the entire duration and perform manual labor. If this does the same job as the SC then it's a huge improvement in all other areas.

Yeah my Squeaky Clean vac is not only deafening but I have to stand right next to it for the entire duration and perform manual labor. If this does the same job as the SC then it's a huge improvement in all other areas.
love my Squeaky Clean and I enjoy using it on second hand records they do need a good clean but its overkill for new records, with this it is going to be so easy, i'll still use the SC for second hand records before putting them through the HG

I wouldn't let THAT be the reason to stop ya... Noise level was one of the biggest "hang-ups" I had about RCMs and one major reason why I chose the HumminGuru... in terms of noise level it FAR exceeded my expectations. I think its quite quiet for what it does... Loudest part is the "drain cycle" at 38-seconds and even then loudest part is the end when theres no water left (8 seconds?).

Only caveat I have on sound is you may be bothered by the 40kHz frequency buzz... doesn't bother me but bothers my 19 yo (young able ears unlike my used-up old ones), and frequency buzz is inherent to ANY ultrasonic machine.

Ben

Might be worth noting that the only doubts being raised here (in this thread) about the HumminGuru are from people who don’t yet have one. That should tell you something.
I mean, there's something to be said for confirmation bias. We all paid money for the thing so we're likely to want to think well of it. But I genuinely feel like I've been pretty objective about the Humminguru. It's not a be-all-end-all record cleaning solution for the well-heeled, but it's a very good, very handy RCM that requires a lot less direct interaction than other machines in the same price range, and cleans just as well, if not even better. I've certainly seen improvements on records that I've cleaned once or even twice with a vacuum RCM and pricey cleaning fluid.

That's 670 Hong Kong dollars (not Indian cents, English pounds, or eskimo pence). The current exchange rate makes it about $86 US for shipping, with no other tax, fees or charges.
Okay, that makes more sense. The shipping didn't have "HK" in front of the dollar sign like there was on the product page.

Might be worth noting that the only doubts being raised here (in this thread) about the HumminGuru are from people who don’t yet have one. That should tell you something.
I don't have one, but I don't doubt what's been said by the Humminguru owners here. My main concern is reliability over time, so I'm just waiting to see what the pioneers have to say 6-12 months from purchase.

I don't have one, but I don't doubt what's been said by the Humminguru owners here. My main concern is reliability over time, so I'm just waiting to see what the pioneers have to say 6-12 months from purchase.
I was sold when @Joe Mac hit record #270. If I can get through my entire collection and it croaks on the last record it is still worth it (~500 collection).

Back