New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

I think this may have been addressed in the other relevant thread, but I don't want to have to go back and find it, so, Question: Any idea what shipping and customs might add to the cost for this to the US? (or other destinations for those living elsewhere)

Shipping is a worldwide flat fee that’s quoted in the Kickstarter. Customs depends on what your country charges as customs/VAT fees on entry, every country charges their own rate.

Shipping is a worldwide flat fee that’s quoted in the Kickstarter. Customs depends on what your country charges as customs/VAT fees on entry, every country charges their own rate.
Thank you. Perhaps that's where I saw it. So $60 USD flat rate for one unit. (Info contained within FAQ on kickstarter website.)

Took the plunge and pledged. Think this project seems pretty sound with the goal reached early.

Looking forward to see how it all pans out and if the product holds up!

I think this may have been addressed in the other relevant thread, but I don't want to have to go back and find it, so, Question: Any idea what shipping and customs might add to the cost for this to the US? (or other destinations for those living elsewhere)
I believe the shipping is calculated in the KS pledge when you choose your country from the drop-down menu. Looks like it's about $60. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: I see this was answered as I tip-tap typed away.

For a personal item, such as this RCM, would there be an import fee to the U.S.? I've bought albums (and other items) from Canada, EU, Japan, etc. and have never paid an import fee.

The Dept of Commerce and CBP sites are Byzantine and generally unhelpful; but I found this from another site that gives info on importing from Hong Kong, specifically (although I think the cited policy is general):

"An informal entry is the entry of goods valued under 2500US$ and does not need to be cleared by a customs bond as it is designated for mostly personal importations. The amount used to be 1000$ before 2013 but the threshold has been increased to 2500$ since then."

So, I think no fee? Like I said, I've never paid any fees from items coming from overseas to the U.S.

For a personal item, such as this RCM, would there be an import fee to the U.S.? I've bought albums (and other items) from Canada, EU, Japan, etc. and have never paid an import fee.

The Dept of Commerce and CBP sites are Byzantine and generally unhelpful; but I found this from another site that gives info on importing from Hong Kong, specifically (although I think the cited policy is general):

"An informal entry is the entry of goods valued under 2500US$ and does not need to be cleared by a customs bond as it is designated for mostly personal importations. The amount used to be 1000$ before 2013 but the threshold has been increased to 2500$ since then."

So, I think no fee? Like I said, I've never paid any fees from items coming from overseas to the U.S.
I think no fee as well. I’ve never paid an import fee for something shipped to the US from abroad

i backed this in December i think , fully aware of the fact that theres a chance that it probably takes longer than July or may not even happen at all as many kickstarter projects and my money will be gone. feels like a bit of a gamble to me at least. hopefully it gets produced and works as advertised.

i backed this in December i think , fully aware of the fact that theres a chance that it probably takes longer than July or may not even happen at all as many kickstarter projects and my money will be gone. feels like a bit of a gamble to me at least. hopefully it gets produced and works as advertised.
These guys already own a factory and have the resources to produce this thing on time. I'm not really concerned.

I am backing this too. Only 25 hours left and $29,000 from unlocking stretch goal 2. If you're on the fence, friends... hop on over.

I usually have a fear of Kickstarters at this price level after backing Ossic X 3D headphones who had over 10,000 backers and raised over 2.7 million USD and still managed to disappear like a fart in the wind without producing a product. At least with manufacturing infrastructure in place this gives me the confidence it'll come good

I am backing this too. Only 25 hours left and $29,000 from unlocking stretch goal 2. If you're on the fence, friends... hop on over.

I usually have a fear of Kickstarters at this price level after backing Ossic X 3D headphones who had over 10,000 backers and raised over 2.7 million USD and still managed to disappear like a fart in the wind without producing a product. At least with manufacturing infrastructure in place this gives me the confidence it'll come good
Sooo nothing happened to the Ossic? No word from them at all?

Sooo nothing happened to the Ossic? No word from them at all?
Pretty much. There are videos of them at trade shows demoing the headset and by all accounts it was a sweet piece of tech.

As the shipping dates drew closer they kept pushing the release date back a few times and their updates became less frequent. People were not getting any replies from emails sent until one day all the backers were sent word that the company had folded and there was no product and no possibility of a refund.

They apparently ran out of money just prior to manufacturing and couldn’t raise anymore after approaching several companies. Although there were conversations on the Kickstarter that the company had sold the tech to a company who were advertising a 3D headset set soon after Ossic went under but there was no proof it was the same tech they’d developed.

There was also some talk of a civil suit amongst the backers but apparently there was little to no interest from lawyers to take it on.

Apparently there was a claim process via a bankruptcy court, that expired in May last year to get some money back ($50 - $70 out of $220).

I never received an email about it though and I never got an update ffrom the Facebook group that something like this was happening.

Latest comment I found was from 7 weeks ago and there was still no word of any claims being paid.

Pretty much. There are videos of them at trade shows demoing the headset and by all accounts it was a sweet piece of tech.

As the shipping dates drew closer they kept pushing the release date back a few times and their updates became less frequent. People were not getting any replies from emails sent until one day all the backers were sent word that the company had folded and there was no product and no possibility of a refund.

They apparently ran out of money just prior to manufacturing and couldn’t raise anymore after approaching several companies. Although there were conversations on the Kickstarter that the company had sold the tech to a company who were advertising a 3D headset set soon after Ossic went under but there was no proof it was the same tech they’d developed.

There was also some talk of a civil suit amongst the backers but apparently there was little to no interest from lawyers to take it on.

Apparently there was a claim process via a bankruptcy court, that expired in May last year to get some money back ($50 - $70 out of $220).

I never received an email about it though and I never got an update ffrom the Facebook group that something like this was happening.

Latest comment I found was from 7 weeks ago and there was still no word of any claims being paid.
The tech sounds similar to what Audeze does with their PC headsets, although Audeze doesn't do the automatic-measurement thing.

Back