New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Yeah it’s a good idea but to be honest I pay €4.50 for 5 litres of de ionised water so I’m not hugely panicked either way. Happier about the air filter on the intake for the drying fans, fhat really is essential!

mostlikely in a plastic or PET bottle right ? thats why i think the filter is a good idea.
im glad to have a family member who can refill my container when i need new water.

mostlikely in a plastic or PET bottle right ? thats why i think the filter is a good idea.
im glad to have a family member who can refill my container when i need new water.

Do you know that as much as I put them in the recycling bin I didn’t even think of that!

I backed this too. I have a VPI and it’s so loud and takes up so much shelf space that it’s a real chore to set it up and use it currently. I have to store it in a closet and take it out if I need to use it. If this one works better I’ll sell the VPI! Ultrasonic cleaners have always interested me but the prices were insane. I debated waiting for it to come to market but figured I’d save a little bit of money and get the bonuses if it hit the stretch goals.

I backed this too. I have a VPI and it’s so loud and takes up so much shelf space that it’s a real chore to set it up and use it currently. I have to store it in a closet and take it out if I need to use it. If this one works better I’ll sell the VPI! Ultrasonic cleaners have always interested me but the prices were insane. I debated waiting for it to come to market but figured I’d save a little bit of money and get the bonuses if it hit the stretch goals.

I have the same issue. The Okki is too big to store in the living room (and too ugly according to my significant other). I clean in batches as it is a bit of a chore to set up each time. Ultrasonic as Humminguru looks like it's much more plug and play. Cleaning one record will not be the chore it is on the Okki. I am looking to get a friend on board an go for the bundle for 2, as that puts the price even further down.

I think if I hadn’t just bought the Pro-Ject I’d be tempted, but size aside I’m happy with what I have. I’ve seen folk elsewhere make up cheap ultrasonic cleaners using readily available basins and self made record holders, so it will be interesting to see what a cheap mass produced version looks like. It does seem like a record would take a lot longer to clean than with my RCM, and I wonder about how much better the clean would be.

Will await final versions with interest.

I think if I hadn’t just bought the Pro-Ject I’d be tempted, but size aside I’m happy with what I have. I’ve seen folk elsewhere make up cheap ultrasonic cleaners using readily available basins and self made record holders, so it will be interesting to see what a cheap mass produced version looks like. It does seem like a record would take a lot longer to clean than with my RCM, and I wonder about how much better the clean would be.

most DIY types dont offer a drying option from what i could gather

I'll sell my Okki if I get the Humminguru. I can get a little under the price for the Hummin for a used Okki here in Norway. It does take longer for the record to be cleaned and dried, but you can also sit down with a newspaper and relax while it works its magic ;-)

I have two coming for me and @Crabbers. Kind of bummed to see that the adaptors and other goodies they plugged will be sold as extras and not come with the base model for those who backed it?

The 7” will definitely. It and the 10” were stretch goals. They made the first but I doubt they’ll make it to the target for 10”. It was set ridiculously high IMO. What other goodies are there?

I have two coming for me and @Crabbers. Kind of bummed to see that the adaptors and other goodies they plugged will be sold as extras and not come with the base model for those who backed it?
I’m pretty pumped about this thing...I just hope all goes well and it delivers ...would be a huge upgrade from spin clean :)

The 7” will definitely. It and the 10” were stretch goals. They made the first but I doubt they’ll make it to the target for 10”. It was set ridiculously high IMO. What other goodies are there?
Can't remember all of them, but there's some replaceable rollers, water depth gage, some filters and such...

Can't remember all of them, but there's some replaceable rollers, water depth gage, some filters and such...

I got the impression from the latest updates that the new rollers and filters and caps were product development and included in what we get (it hasn’t gone into production yet) and that the shop was for replacements for the consumables themselves (extra filters etc).

I got the impression from the latest updates that the new rollers and filters and caps were product development and included in what we get (it hasn’t gone into production yet) and that the shop was for replacements for the consumables themselves (extra filters etc).
I understood the same as @Joe Mac . Regarding the adaptors, the way I understand it , the 7” will be included to backers, and the 10” will be available as a purchase from the store (unless it makes the second stretch goal). Non backers will have to purchase both adaptors separately.

I understood the same as @Joe Mac . Regarding the adaptors, the way I understand it , the 7” will be included to backers, and the 10” will be available as a purchase from the store (unless it makes the second stretch goal). Non backers will have to purchase both adaptors separately.

Hopefully the 10” will be available as an add on purchase on Kickstarter if stretch goal 2 isn’t met so it can ship with the machine and avoid a second round of international postage and potential customs fees.

I think this may have been addressed in the other relevant thread, but I don't want to have to go back and find it, so, Question: Any idea what shipping and customs might add to the cost for this to the US? (or other destinations for those living elsewhere)

Back