New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Hmm, I seem to have a proper problem suddenly. The machine just won't turn a disc. I've tried replacing the wheels but it still makes a puny sound. Everything else seems to work. Just doesn't seem to power the motor to turn it all. Only posting in case anybody else had a similar problem. (I feel like the other problems I've read here have been different).

The only time I had a similar problem was with 5 or 10 records that were 12” but actually not are were too small. It was fixed by removing the left wheel, folding up a piece of paper and putting it behind the wheel when you reseat it so it sticks out a half inch more.

Just to follow up, HG sent me a new board and after installing it, the machine can run clean cycles as normal. Thanks again for your help with this @firedownunder!

I noticed after using the fixed HG for a couple of days that the really high-pitched/dental drill sound that it makes during cleaning wasn't there anymore. I sent HG a video and hopefully they can diagnose if it's a problem. I feel like if it's not making that high-pitched sound it's not doing anything "ultrasonic" but
You're welcome, and thanks to all who posted prior. Mine doesn't make the high-pitched whine either, prior to repair it was infrequent. Thought about contacting HG, but after multiple cleans the unit is working fine. Glad you got yours working again :cool:

The only time I had a similar problem was with 5 or 10 records that were 12” but actually not are were too small. It was fixed by removing the left wheel, folding up a piece of paper and putting it behind the wheel when you reseat it so it sticks out a half inch more.
Yeah, it's not that. I do the pen trick and that works fine for this. This is like there's no power going to the wheels. The machine is almost not making a noise, certainly way less than usual. But all the buttons work and the drainage/drying works fine.

Yeah, it's not that. I do the pen trick and that works fine for this. This is like there's no power going to the wheels. The machine is almost not making a noise, certainly way less than usual. But all the buttons work and the drainage/drying works fine.
Another poster (Matt M) had this issue, the cog motor needed replacement. See this post: #2,289 , search thread for his other posts for more background.

Well, after buying my HG in 2021 I got that thermal regulator-thingy malfunction. Drain/dry was working fine but clean and auto would at first intermittently not work and then stopped altogether.

I know some have needed an entire PCB replacement but luckily mine seems fixed just by overriding the shut-off:
Opened bottomed (one screw stripped and wouldn't come off but luckily I have slender diaper baby-like fingers that could slink their way into the cavity and still work), pulled out appropriate wires, stripped casing, twisted together wires, put on some electrical tape for good measure, and bingo bongo fanny's your aunt.

I think some have been apprehensive about this voiding a warranty, although it was suggested by HG folks; but, really, it is out of warranty at this point anyway.

Small update on this - they think both the PCB and gearbox have gone. As it's outside the 1-year warranty, it's costing HKD 280 (incl shipping). Not super happy about it, but given I've cleaned 1500 records or so (but am only halfway through) it felt like a no brainer to pay it this time.

Small update on this - they think both the PCB and gearbox have gone. As it's outside the 1-year warranty, it's costing HKD 280 (incl shipping). Not super happy about it, but given I've cleaned 1500 records or so (but am only halfway through) it felt like a no brainer to pay it this time.
That’s about $40? I’d pay it too.

Hoping they’ve sorted this out on subsequent production runs, though.

Well, after buying my HG in 2021 I got that thermal regulator-thingy malfunction. Drain/dry was working fine but clean and auto would at first intermittently not work and then stopped altogether.

I know some have needed an entire PCB replacement but luckily mine seems fixed just by overriding the shut-off:
Opened bottomed (one screw stripped and wouldn't come off but luckily I have slender diaper baby-like fingers that could slink their way into the cavity and still work), pulled out appropriate wires, stripped casing, twisted together wires, put on some electrical tape for good measure, and bingo bongo fanny's your aunt.

I think some have been apprehensive about this voiding a warranty, although it was suggested by HG folks; but, really, it is out of warranty at this point anyway.
First thing I tried but didn't work so new PCB it was. All good now. Glad it worked for you :cool:

I had to change both of those when I had my issues last March. I think I might still have the instructions. Give me a sec and I’ll try to dig them out of the old emails for you.

I have still got it but it’s a pdf so I don’t think I can post it on the board.

If you like you can send me your email in a dm and I’ll forward it to you.

Cheers @Joe Mac for all the help. After half an hour of fiddling with wires (surprisingly easy except for the small board connected to the gearbox which was absolutely smothered in glue)...I'm afraid to say the result is it works exactly as before ie not at all 😭

Back