New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

Because it uses water as the fluid- no detergents- it cannot remove fingerprints or other oils. I’ve seen new albums with fingerprints. It’s not uncommon.
What I’ve found to be effective for the errant fingerprint that the HG does not fully remove is a spray cleaner (like Chisto) and an eyeglass microfiber cleaning cloth.

Fingerprints are the vinyl collecting boogeyman it would appear. Very scary but I've rarely ever seen one in the wild and the ones I have have never caused any audio feedback 🤷‍♂️

Stupid question time-

Got my bottle of G Sonic. The instructions say put 10 drops in a gallon. Then it says for Humminguru, put one drop on the water tray.

It’s just one drop in the water tray, right? Not 10 drops plus the one drop?

Stupid question time-

Got my bottle of G Sonic. The instructions say put 10 drops in a gallon. Then it says for Humminguru, put one drop on the water tray.

Yeah it’s either premix it 10 drops to the gallon and use that or one drop into a full tank of just water.

Last edited:
Stupid question time-

A lot of other ultrasonics use considerably more water than the Humminguru, and G-Sonic was designed for those machines originally. A single drop in the tank for the HG will give you the appropriate dilution.

I’ve used it with G Sonic and it cut my drying time to 5 minutes.

Anyone who is considering a HG (and you should) really needs G Sonic to go with it.

The HG is brilliant.
I use a surfactant mixture that contains Jet Dry, which also cuts down on drying time to under 5 minutes. But, I know many audiophiles would never deign to use a common household surfactant on their vinyl. Works for me.

I’ve used it with G Sonic and it cut my drying time to 5 minutes.

Anyone who is considering a HG (and you should) really needs G Sonic to go with it.

The HG is brilliant.
I completely agree. At the price being asked for this machine, every real record lover, meaning you actually listen to them, should consider this a huge and necessary bargain.

Update:

I purchased the Giles Martin remaster of Revolver, and my copy was noisy, even after usual VPI/Chisto combo.

A 5/5 run through the HG, and it’s beautiful.
The HG with G-Sonic plus a Thunderon brush have pretty much resolved my vinyl playback complaints, aside from fundamentally bad pressings. It’s been so nice.

You guys are really hyping me on this. I've been interested in upgrading my Spin-Clean since I used a Nessie once. I'm not interested in spending $3,500, but $450 is digestible.
For the price, I think it's pretty tough to beat. There have been occasional board failure issues, but Happywell seems pretty helpful with repairs.

OK, so I’m seriously considering getting one. I currently use Tergikleen with my Spin-Clean, then rinse with clean water. I’m seeing on this thread that people use one drop of G-Sonic in the Humminguru. Is there no clean rinse cycle? Could I use my bottle of Tergikleen with it?

OK, so I’m seriously considering getting one. I currently use Tergikleen with my Spin-Clean, then rinse with clean water. I’m seeing on this thread that people use one drop of G-Sonic in the Humminguru. Is there no clean rinse cycle? Could I use my bottle of Tergikleen with it?
There are folks that use Tergikleen. Not sure what the correct dilution would be.

Nothing stopping you from doing a rinse cycle, either!

There are folks that use Tergikleen. Not sure what the correct dilution would be.

Nothing stopping you from doing a rinse cycle, either!
Agreed, but at least with the 1 drop of G-Sonic, no additional rinse is required. So for me at least, when you think about what would be required to run an 'extra' rinse cycle, it would include emptying the removable tank of the surfactant-treated water, refilling the HG with non-treated distilled water, running a clean cycle to 'rinse,' and then drying (which wouldn't be extra assuming no drying has happened prior to this point). Then for the next record, back to the surfactant-treated water, etc., etc. Much too much extra work for something that isn't indicated.

Back