New ultrasonic vinyl cleaner in the works: Humminguru

I don't remember whether the unit comes with the 7" and 10" adapters as standard, or whether they are extra. If not standard, these might be worth considering if you will want to use the HG for either of these sized records. And I agree with others that a second tank isn't necessary.
I had to add them as extras, can't remember how much extra they were.

I have an overly complex cleaning process currently. I’m thinking I can simplify cleaning by cutting it to two steps, with the VPI doing the scrubbing step and the HG doing the rinsing and drying.

And then if I’m lucky the HG can be elevated to being the only step on most records. But I’d rather keep my expectations low to start.
I only use my VPI and HG together when I buy a filthy record at a flea market or something like that. Otherwise, like @Russ I, I’d probably never clean my records. I’ve cleaned more in the HG since I bought it than I did in the 7+ years I have had the VPI. Not entirely sure what the complex cleaning process you do now consists of but I’d recommend trying just a surfactant and distilled water in the HG and see if you’re happy with the results.

I only use my VPI and HG together when I buy a filthy record at a flea market or something like that. Otherwise, like @Russ I, I’d probably never clean my records. I’ve cleaned more in the HG since I bought it than I did in the 7+ years I have had the VPI. Not entirely sure what the complex cleaning process you do now consists of but I’d recommend trying just a surfactant and distilled water in the HG and see if you’re happy with the results.

I find even with the dirtiest second hand ones a couple of clean cycles and then the combined clean & dry tends to sort it out.

Jumping on the bandwagon -- I still have my Record Doctor V but I have not used it in several months. I may have used it once or twice for dirty thrift bin records since I bought the HumminGuru, but I rarely buy records in that condition. The RD-V itself is now so dusty that I'd have to clean it before I could use it to clean records!

Humminguru landed last night and I’ve been cleaning records all day. The results really are amazing and I’m super happy with the purchase! My only complaint would be after reading through most of this thread i got the impression some people find it to be loud when it’s running and others do not, but I can’t imagine a world where anyone would think it’s not incredibly loud. I guess if you live in a castle and you run it in one wing while spending your time in the other wing it wouldn’t bother you. I live in a townhouse and it can be heard in every room when it is running, even with doors closed. I can’t spend time in the room I have it set up in comfortably, without wearing active noise canceling headphones and even with those I feel like I miiiight be damaging my hearing. I guess my advice to anyone reading this thread who is on the fence about buying one is that you absolutely should, but it is most definitely very loud and you’ll have to find a way to deal with that.

Humminguru landed last night and I’ve been cleaning records all day. The results really are amazing and I’m super happy with the purchase! My only complaint would be after reading through most of this thread i got the impression some people find it to be loud when it’s running and others do not, but I can’t imagine a world where anyone would think it’s not incredibly loud. I guess if you live in a castle and you run it in one wing while spending your time in the other wing it wouldn’t bother you. I live in a townhouse and it can be heard in every room when it is running, even with doors closed. I can’t spend time in the room I have it set up in comfortably, without wearing active noise canceling headphones and even with those I feel like I miiiight be damaging my hearing. I guess my advice to anyone reading this thread who is on the fence about buying one is that you absolutely should, but it is most definitely very loud and you’ll have to find a way to deal with that.
I’ve found some records generate more noise than others. In particular, some produce this intensely annoying squealing sound, and I’ve never found any rhyme or reason to it. I eventually just put the HG in our storage/laundry room so I can easily close it off while it does its thing. Not sure there’s any way around the noise with an ultrasonic, though, at least not without closing off the tank and using a lot of sound deadening.

Yea mine is definitely loud and sometimes squeaky. I have ended up moving it into a bathroom when I clean records and closing the door. No clue how some people say they can use it in the same room while listening to a record.

It’s nowhere near as loud as my VPI record cleaner but that was a pretty short lasting sound since it only went a few rotations.

Yea mine is definitely loud and sometimes squeaky. I have ended up moving it into a bathroom when I clean records and closing the door. No clue how some people say they can use it in the same room while listening to a record.

It’s nowhere near as loud as my VPI record cleaner but that was a pretty short lasting sound since it only went a few rotations.

I think it’s more the pitch than the loud tbh. It can cut right through you.

Last edited:
I get that high-pitched squealing sometimes like others have said, but most of the time I sit with it in front of me on the desk, while I work away on the computer. I definitely wouldn't say it was hearing damage loud, although perhaps that ship has already sailed for me?!
Must be my young ears that are more susceptible to it 👶🏻 🤣

What is the release date on the NAD C3050? It’s purdy and you guys all seem to like NAD and it’s not a huge stretch budget wise.it should also push whatever I get down the line speaker wise.

What is the release date on the NAD C3050? It’s purdy and you guys all seem to like NAD and it’s not a huge stretch budget wise.it should also push whatever I get down the line speaker wise.

@Ed Selley reviewed it recently and seemed to be taken by it. It’s probably still too new for anyone outside reviewers here to have heard it in person.

@Ed Selley reviewed it recently and seemed to be taken by it. It’s probably still too new for anyone outside reviewers here to have heard it in person.

If you like pretty the leak 130 and 230 seem to be liked too.

Back