New Music Friday!

Wait For Me by Snowpoet (released today) is surely a frontrunning best album of 2021 for me. Thanks again @Hollywood for reminding me that it was dropping today! Don't miss this one, mates! Happy listening and Happy Release Day Friday!

It is such a beautiful, delicate and intricate record with strings 🎻, piano 🎹, sax🎷and startling vocals which makes you feel as though you were floating on a cloud ☁️ It's at times moody but always gentle ❤ Its chamber-pop lushness and jazz-infused melodies , is the perfect escape from reality...

It is such a beautiful, delicate and intricate record with strings 🎻, piano 🎹, sax🎷and startling vocals which makes you feel as though you were floating on a cloud ☁️ It's at times moody but always gentle ❤ Its chamber-pop lushness and jazz-infused melodies , is the perfect escape from reality...
I couldn't have said it better!

@blenoxsmith thanks for recommending Cassandra Jenkins' An Overview on Phenomenal Nature! The album is surprisingly very good 👏🙌✨ Albeit on the short side at only 33 minutes but I like it a lot and see myself going back to this one often. Her voice is sublime and the musical arrangements are on point. Her brand of folksy-jazz is very soothing 😌. The lyrics are honest, intimate and poetic. She is a real storyteller by nature and that to me is the driving force behind her sophomore LP, as she takes you on an emotional journey filled with hope whilst tackling dark subject matters such as grief, loneliness and despair.

I’ve been playing the Hand Habits track on repeat for the past few weeks, it’s so great and I was surprised to find that it wasn’t produced by Blake Mills because it really sounds like it. Not sure if two songs should be considered an EP, though.
Two songs is more like a single if you ask me. 🤷‍♂️

Again lots and lots of interesting releases coming up this Friday (02/26/2021). Happy listening 🎧 :)

Cloud Nothings (The shadow I remember) (Indie Rock)

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard (L.W.) (Psychedelic Rock)

Julien Baker (Little Oblivions) (singer/ songwriter)

Blanck Mass (In Ferneaux) (Noisegaze)

Deap Vally (Digital dream EP) (Rock with members of Warpaint, The Kills)

Architects (For those that wish to exist) (Metalcore)

Melvins (Working with God) (Rock)

Neil Young & Crazy Horse (Way down in the rust bucket) (live album)

Alice Cooper (Detroit stories) (Rock)

Willie Nelson (That’s life) (Frank Sinatra covers)

Balthazar (Sand) (Belgian Indie Rock/ Pop)

Mouse on Mars (AAI) (Electronica)

Altin Gün (Yol) (Psychedelic/ Folk/ Disco)

Robin Schulz (IIII) (Dance/ DJ/ Club)

Maximo Park (Nature always wins) (Post-Punk-Pop)

Fire! (Defeat) (Jazz Trio)

Roosevelt (POLYDANS) (Synth/ Disco/ Club)

Glitterer (Life is not a lesson) (alternative rock)

Karima Walker (Waking the dreaming body) (folk)

Strawbs (Settlement) (folk-prog)

Francois & the Atlas Mountains (Banane bleue) (Indie Pop)

A winged victory for the Sullen (Invisible cities) (Ambient/ Classical / Drone)

Black Sheep Wall (Songs for the Enamel Queen) (Metal)

NOFX (Single Album) (Punk Rock)

Adrian Younge (The American Negro) (New Soul)

Jimmy Edgar (CHEETAH BEND) (Electronic)

Cheval Sombre (Time waits for no one) (Indie/ Alternative)

Fimber Bravo (Lunar Tredd) (World)

Mapstation (My frequencies, when we) (Electronic/ World)

Mia Doi Todd (Music Life) (singer-songwriter)

Chester Watson (1997 EP) (HipHop)

Back