New Music Friday!

Sampled some tracks and am gonna check out these albums today:

-Judas and the Black Messiah: The Inspired Album (Black Thought, Jay-Z, Rakim, Nas, H.E.R., Saba, Rapsody and others)
-Pink Sweat$ - Pink Planet
-Sports - Get A Good Look Pt. 1 EP
-Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia (The Moonlight Edition)
-Sia - Music - Songs from and Inspired by the Motion Picture

This might be an unpopular opinion but I much prefer the rap ballads, with titles spelled in lowercase, on TYRON's second half...push (feat. Deb Never) and feel away (feat. James Blake and Mount Kimbie) are some of the best tracks he's ever written IMHO.

Last edited:
I haven't listened to the slowthai album "Tyron" yet as I have the vinyl on preorder and will get it the next days. But I've heard of very good reviews of it.
These are some other records I enjoy from the current week's releases:

Bodies of Water (Is this what it's like) offers great melodies. I've enjoyed it a lot. An album you should check out.

The album "Hostile" by Aborym from Italy (mentioned before by @musicjunkiegreg) is also a very interesting album for the ones that like some Industrial Metal. A very solid album with some catchy tunes.

Sports "Get a good look Pt 1 EP" (mentioned by @RowBearToe ) gives some great Indie tunes.

Despite the quite problematic way Sia has handled the situation around the autism topic in regards to her movie "Music", I have to say there are some great pop songs on this release of the movie soundtrack which basically feels like a Sia album.

I haven't listened to the slowthai album "Tyron" yet as I have the vinyl on preorder and will get it the next days. But I've heard of very good reviews of it.
These are some other records I enjoy from the current week's releases:

Bodies of Water (Is this what it's like) offers great melodies. I've enjoyed it a lot. An album you should check out.

The album "Hostile" by Aborym from Italy (mentioned before by @musicjunkiegreg) is also a very interesting album for the ones that like some Industrial Metal. A very solid album with some catchy tunes.

Sports "Get a good look Pt 1 EP" (mentioned by @RowBearToe ) gives some great Indie tunes.

Despite the quite problematic way Sia has handled the situation around the autism topic in regards to her movie "Music", I have to say there are some great pop songs on this release of the movie soundtrack which basically feels like a Sia album.
Hostile from Aborym was decent, glad you enjoyed it (and thanks for the shoutout!) I have not heard the Bodies of Water album, but I plan on checking it out tonight per your recommendation 👊🎧

There are many interesting releases coming up on this Friday, 19th of February 2021. Happy listening :)

Lael Neale (Acquainted with Night) (Singer/ Songwriter)

Mogwai (As the love continues) (Post Rock)

The Hold Steady (Open Door Policy) (Rock)

Pauline Anna Strom (Angel Tears in Sunlight) (Ambient)

SG Lewis (times) (House/ Dance)

Senyawa (Alkisah) (Indonesian Experimental Metal)

Katy Kirby (Cool Dry Place) (Indie Folk)

Camera (Prosthuman) (Instrumental, Postpunk, Psychedelic)

Another Michael (New music and big pop) (pop)

Ryan Dugre (Three Rivers) (Mediatative Instrumentals)

XIXA (Genesis) (desert rock/ latin psych/ goth)

nothing.nowhere (trauma factory) (emo-rap/ trap/ indie-rock)

Lava La Rue (BUTTER-FLY) (Hip Hop)

Wild Pink (A billion little lights) (Indie Rock)

Cassandra Jenkins (An overview on Phenomenal Nature) (acoustic chamber folk)

Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians (Hunter and the dog star) (Soul, Pop, Funk, Folk)

Whitney K (Two years) (Lo-Fi Rock)

De Beren Gieren (Less is Endless) (Belgian Jazz)

Ghetts (Conflict of Interest) (Rap)

Albums on my radar for this upcoming Release Day Friday (2/19/21):

Harakiri For The Sky - Mære
Jakethehawk - Hinterlands
Mogwai - As The Love Continues
Om Unit - Acid Dub Studies
Pauline Anna Storm - Angel Tears In Sunlight
Socioclast - Socioclast

Last edited:
This week (02/19/21) is a highly anticipated week for new music 🎶 releases. On my radar 📡

Cassandra Jenkins - An Overview on Phenomenal Nature
Julia Stone - Sixty Summers
Snowpoet - Wait For Me
Perfume Genius - IMMEDIATELY Remixes
Hand Habits - dirt (EP)

Last edited:
Interesting project from two members of Algiers coming out tomorrow. Inspired by and made from manipulation of scores from 70s Italian Mondo and horror films. Includes lots of collaborators, like Mark Stewart of The Pop Group on this song:

Up early streaming with write up here:

Last edited:
This week (02/19/21) is a highly anticipated week for new music 🎶 releases. On my radar 📡

Cassandra Jenkins - An Overview on Phenomenal Nature
Julia Stone - Sixty Summers
Snowpoet - Wait For Me
Perfume Genius - IMMEDIATELY Remixes
Hand Habits - dirt (EP)
Snowpoet! I guess I didn't realize this was dropping tomorrow (as it wasn't on my list)! I've loved all the singles, looking forward to this one!

Last edited:
Snowpoet! I guess I didn't realize this was dropping tomorrow (as it want on my list)! I've loved all the singles, looking forward to this one!
The new album hasn't garnered much attention this side of the pond. There's hardly any mention of the new LP or the duo for that matter 🤔 but nevertheless these guys have been on my radar since last year with their jazz forward lead single "Roots" and I cannot wait to dive into this one!

The new album hasn't garnered much attention this side of the pond. There's hardly any mention of the new LP or the duo for that matter 🤔 but nevertheless these guys have been on my radar since last year with their jazz forward lead single "Roots" and I cannot wait to dive into this one!
Yeah, I'm pretty diligent about checking for and knowing when albums are due out. And I haven't seen anything on this one either... Glad you caught wind of it! This album is surely my most anticipated for tomorrow 👌

Yeah, I'm pretty diligent about checking for and knowing when albums are due out. And I haven't seen anything on this one either... Glad you caught wind of it! This album is surely my most anticipated for tomorrow 👌
I'm following them on IG and that's how I was able to catch wind of it because even their BC isn't up to date. 🤷‍♂️

Back