Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

I think it might just require employers to provide paid sick leave, which is good, but might exacerbate the problem in this crisis of businesses who are losing their income by people staying home.

It would likely also unfortunately include exemptions for small businesses. It is small businesses being impacted by this the most.

Boris Johnson basically told us to say goodbye to our elderly relatives today. :oops:

I've told my neighbours that I'll take their kids and we can turn my lounge into a mini classroom when the schools shut down. I've been trying and failing to get a job since january, but not being employed will have it's benefits over the next few months. I'm anticipating our schools being shut from Easter till the summer. Our street/local community have basically said if we look out for each other and stick together (but not too close lol) then we'll get through this thing together.

I bought 2 weeks worth of food supplies today in case we need to go into isolation.

we are all doomed..

i am scared of being quarantined or sick even though im only 21 and no one in my house is over 50.. i am nervous that everyone is going to die and that there will be so many issues... schools been cancelled.. life is hard... i dunno how to calm down

we are all doomed..

i am scared of being quarantined or sick even though im only 21 and no one in my house is over 50.. i am nervous that everyone is going to die and that there will be so many issues... schools been cancelled.. life is hard... i dunno how to calm down

This isn't easy, and I can't give advice how to calm down because it's weighing heavily on me as well. But, coming here to post these thoughts is a good thing I think. We can all help each other through this by virtually reaching out and lending an ear or a shoulder. It's not a lot, but it's something. Hang in there ok? We all need to.

It would likely also unfortunately include exemptions for small businesses. It is small businesses being impacted by this the most.
If it is the same as the last version I believe it excludes businesses with under 15 employees. Hard to be sure that exactly the same thing is in there with the other proposals to address relief today. Doesn't seem to be a lot of details in the articles I've seen.

Roughly half of our AirBnb reservations for our guest house have cancelled thus far. Some due to spring training being cancelled, some just for fear of traveling during these times.

Neat.

From easyJet, last company (except maybe Ryanair) I expected this from:

Given the unprecedented situation we’re all facing as a result of Covid-19, we wanted to provide an update on what this means for any travel plans you may have with easyJet.

We will continue to operate a flight schedule that ensures that those customers who still wish to travel can do so, where travel restrictions allow and in line with guidance from health authorities.

However, we understand there is uncertainty around travel at this time, so if you currently have a booking with us but would prefer not to fly then from tomorrow (13.03.2020), you can now change your flight online and we will waive the flight change fee. This applies to all existing and new bookings until further notice. Should there be a difference in fare you’ll need to pay this - however by waiving the change fee, we want to ensure you have more flexibility to amend your travel plans.

Where we’ve been required to cancel flights, customers will be able to transfer to an alternative flight free of charge or receive a refund. And where all flights have had to be cancelled due to local authority guidance – in Italy, for example – we are operating rescue flights to ensure passengers can return home.

From easyJet, last company (except maybe Ryanair) I expected this from:

Given the unprecedented situation we’re all facing as a result of Covid-19, we wanted to provide an update on what this means for any travel plans you may have with easyJet.

We will continue to operate a flight schedule that ensures that those customers who still wish to travel can do so, where travel restrictions allow and in line with guidance from health authorities.

However, we understand there is uncertainty around travel at this time, so if you currently have a booking with us but would prefer not to fly then from tomorrow (13.03.2020), you can now change your flight online and we will waive the flight change fee. This applies to all existing and new bookings until further notice. Should there be a difference in fare you’ll need to pay this - however by waiving the change fee, we want to ensure you have more flexibility to amend your travel plans.

Where we’ve been required to cancel flights, customers will be able to transfer to an alternative flight free of charge or receive a refund. And where all flights have had to be cancelled due to local authority guidance – in Italy, for example – we are operating rescue flights to ensure passengers can return home.

Ironically, EasyJet is probably sufficiently cash rich to ride this out. Many of its more 'premium' rivals are not.

Haven't personally been impacted by this just yet (outside the obvious market volatility). The closest event we've got on the books is Celine Dion on 3/29, which I would not be surprised if it's rescheduled.

We were planning to go to some Spring Training games this weekend but that's now off. The weather doesn't look great anyway so gonna call that a wash. Have friends coming in that we're just gonna have to take to every brewery ever to drink this surreal, dull feeling away.

Back