Neverending Covid-19 Coronavirus

It boils down to the news media not knowing how to properly report scientific findings.

I often look up the scientific studies news articles report on, and it's often something like this:

Scientific Article: This thing appears to maybe do something, probably in a subtle way, and we should study it more carefully to find out.

News Article: Thing will kill you!

I often look up the scientific studies news articles report on, and it's often something like this:

Scientific Article: This thing appears to maybe do something, probably in a subtle way, and we should study it more carefully to find out.

omg u guyz le samourai said the thing is going to kill us

1661132048650.png

What thing?! I need to know what thing!!!!!????

News at 11: Commonly found compound in coffee. And Lysol cleaners for some reason. Who knows. Don’t drink coffee until we know.

All this reminds me of a guy who looked up in line for a cup of coffee whether it could help eyesight or cause blindness. Within that time waiting for his cup of Joe he found two different studies claiming both were possible.

What’s my point? Science is messy. People are messy. Science is done by people.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

With the world changes as we know it yes. But I think signs point to covid being around since November 2019. So close enough to round up I guess.
Yeah. I recall reading about a rare, dangerous virus killing people in China around December last year. The something about a doctor saying this could be bad and China trying to keep him quiet. And the rest is history.

I'd like to note that while we're almost 3 years in for COVID-19, the study in question talked about the effects of the different variants. There have been "years" to look at long-term effects of the OG and Alpha, but only a little over a year for Delta and 9 months for Omicron. The study shows that it's Delta and Omicron that produce the most concerning effects on the brain, "long-term". When the news article uses the term "years", they're fudging around the findings a little when it comes to the more recent variants.

Hmm I wonder what this will do for variant vaccine development. Let's not try to save the world, y'all, just protect the patents. There are so many reasons we should have said no to the patents, one of which is that mRNA technology was actually developed by researchers and scientists at universities and at the NIH (which is funded by public grants--so this technology technically belongs to the public).

Moderna said Friday that it is suing Pfizer and BioNTech, alleging that the two companies copied Moderna's technology to make their Covid vaccine Comirnaty.

"We believe that Pfizer and BioNTech unlawfully copied Moderna's inventions, and they have continued to use them without permission," Moderna Chief Legal Officer Shannon Thyme Klinger said in a statement.

The patent infringement lawsuits were filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts and the Regional Court of Düsseldorf in Germany, according to a news release.

Moderna said it filed patents from 2010 to 2016 for its mRNA technology, which was critical in the company's creation of its own Covid vaccine. The company alleges that Pfizer and BioNTech then copied that same technology for Comirnaty.

Just got boosted so we’ll see if it’s clobbering’ time.

Did you get the Omicron booster? The Ba.1 bivalent booster or this newer Ba.5 booster you guys have? I didn't get much of any side effects when I got my #4 shot last may (my shot history is Astra-Zeneca + Pfizer + Moderna + Moderna). AZ hit the hardest by far, followed by Moderna shot #3. The other two were ok.

They're recommending 5 months for the new bivalent booster here, so I'll go mid-october.

My Covid story so far - I started feeling sick Wednesday morning, tested positive Thursday evening. Not a bad fever but horrible sore throat, congestion, and the worst headaches. Started antivirals Friday afternoon and not really sure if they are working but I was one of the 5% to get the Paxlovid metal mouth.

Now it's Sunday and I still feel pretty crappy though my cough is finally breaking a bit. I can only imagine how sick I would be if I haven't been vaccinated and thrice boosted!

Did you get the Omicron booster? The Ba.1 bivalent booster or this newer Ba.5 booster you guys have? I didn't get much of any side effects when I got my #4 shot last may (my shot history is Astra-Zeneca + Pfizer + Moderna + Moderna). AZ hit the hardest by far, followed by Moderna shot #3. The other two were ok.

They're recommending 5 months for the new bivalent booster here, so I'll go mid-october.

Yes, it was the Ba.5 coupled with the flu shot. Just shy of 24 hours and besides the typical arm soreness, I only felt sluggish yesterday. This go around was Pfizer. My previous shots(3) were Moderna. I only had side effects on the 3rd shot. So far I’m feeling pretty good. I’m about to go on a walk and we’ll see if that changes later in the day.

Man I have been feeling like crap for the past week but all my rapid tests are coming back negative.

Probably time for a PCR. Anyone have experience with false negatives on multiple rapids?

Back