Neil Young

Did that used to be Les Schwab? If so, absolutely the best. Saw Dylan there years ago, spectacular location.
I've only been to one show there. A friend flew me out years ago because he didn't want to go see Death Cab and Bright Eyes alone. The venue was better than the music, and I like both ok enough (not to fly and see them, but free is free). Plus my favorite brewery is right there too!

That one in Bend would be the best imo. I think I might be heading to Tacoma to see my sisters around then. Wonder if I could sneak down for a show...
Yeah, Auburn is about 20 minutes from Tacoma and Ridgefield is 2 hours away. Bend would be a beautiful spot for a show, just not beautiful enough to travel the 5+ hours and not sleep in my own bed. Still cool to have that many options within driving distance.

Torn: Bend is ~3 hours from Portland, and probably the funner venue. Ridge field is a 30-minute drive though; seems more ideal. But I don’t know the venue.

I’m not a NYA subscriber and not sure if/how I’ll get local presale codes; putting that out there for a guardian angel. 🙇
Ridgefield is kind of an underwhelming venue, but it is close to Portland. If you arrive early, you can park nearby and avoid using the shuttles to get back to your car. Otherwise, it can be a nightmare to get out of there. I'm going to make the trip to Bend if I can swing it.

I've only been to one show there. A friend flew me out years ago because he didn't want to go see Death Cab and Bright Eyes alone. The venue was better than the music, and I like both ok enough (not to fly and see them, but free is free). Plus my favorite brewery is right there too!
Which one? Bend has more than 30 brewpubs, and at least 10 of them are great!

Ridgefield is kind of an underwhelming venue, but it is close to Portland. If you arrive early, you can park nearby and avoid using the shuttles to get back to your car. Otherwise, it can be a nightmare to get out of there. I'm going to make the trip to Bend if I can swing it.
Yeah, at this point I think I’ll try for Bend tix and stay somewhere overnight. That depends on availability though; if there’s seating I’d rather a good seat at Ridgefield than a bad one in Bend.

Yeah, at this point I think I’ll try for Bend tix and stay somewhere overnight. That depends on availability though; if there’s seating I’d rather a good seat at Ridgefield than a bad one in Bend.
If you are at all inclined toward camping, Tumalo State Park is a nice spot, a bit outside of town on the Deschutes River.

Pretty hyped to see Neil for the first time finally as well along with it being my first show at the Vina Robles Amphitheater which i've been meaning to see a show at since it opened but things always got in the way.. Not this time though!

I suprised myself and ended up not purchasing, the tickets seemed exceedingly expensive.
I'm kinda in the same spot. The venue a little farther away for me would be better for him solo, but not sure I want to pay. A little cheaper at the closer spot, but huge venue that I'm not sure I want to see a guy in a chair play.

Back