Neil Young

Saw Neil at Ridgefield last night. A *great* setlist – "Birds" was a real highlight – and what a joy to see him relaxed and enjoying himself. Despite being in an (admittedly smaller) amphitheater, Neil somehow channeled the vibe of hanging out with your favorite local musician at the neighborhood tavern. Legend.

Saw Neil at Ridgefield last night. A *great* setlist – "Birds" was a real highlight – and what a joy to see him relaxed and enjoying himself. Despite being in an (admittedly smaller) amphitheater, Neil somehow channeled the vibe of hanging out with your favorite local musician at the neighborhood tavern. Legend.
Still don't understand how Setlist.fm hasn't fixed the "covers" aspect of a band member playing the songs for when they were in that band. Like, I want to know what albums they're off of, they're not covers damnit.

Still don't understand how Setlist.fm hasn't fixed the "covers" aspect of a band member playing the songs for when they were in that band. Like, I want to know what albums they're off of, they're not covers damnit.
After we figure out how to replace discogs, we can do setlist, last.fm, and allmusic and be the internet hub for all music.

I happened upon his LinkedIn and interestingly enough noted himself as co-founder of VMP. Would like to see how that works.
I think he’s a cofounder of the pressing plant, not VMP itself. I looked him up the other day because I couldn’t remember the name of the online music company he ran into the ground

down to $140 shipped
I've been buying about a record a week from Inner Sleeve for the past few weeks. They offer some good prices, ship fast and package well. Oh, and shipping is free! I also don't think they charge tax (not sure how that works). I know there was one recent mention of a snag with an order from them, I think maybe it was @Hemotep? So there is that. But I've been impressed.

I've been buying about a record a week from Inner Sleeve for the past few weeks. They offer some good prices, ship fast and package well. Oh, and shipping is free! I also don't think they charge tax (not sure how that works). I know there was one recent mention of a snag with an order from them, I think maybe it was @Hemotep? So there is that. But I've been impressed.
someone said that Innersleeve is owned by MovieMars based on the charge that shows up on their CC using paypal.

Wow. That strikes me as incredible since it definitely has an indie vibe. Interesting...
could be wrong, but i saw somebody recently say that on another forum. could be another "rebranding" thing where one bigger company has a buncha subsidiaries with different names. i thought maybe they were a small operation too but then i see them constantly posting heavily discounted stuff on reddit all the time.

could be wrong, but i saw somebody recently say that on another forum. could be another "rebranding" thing where one bigger company has a buncha subsidiaries with different names. i thought maybe they were a small operation too but then i see them constantly posting heavily discounted stuff on reddit all the time.
Just checked and yeah, charges are to MovieMars. I'm going to send an email and ask why my charges show up as they do. Maybe I'll learn something. Weird. This is from their website, which lends to the indie vibe (as does the sticker they send with each shipment).

Screen Shot 2023-08-02 at 1.15.42 PM.png

Just checked and yeah, charges are to MovieMars. I'm going to send an email and ask why my charges show up as they do. Maybe I'll learn something. Weird. This is from their website, which lends to the indie vibe (as does the sticker they send with each shipment).

View attachment 179197
maybe rebranding or just a smaller distribution team/different location to moviemars? not a huge deal IMO but just kinda interesting. i have no clue how big or small Movie Mars is, just that they have seemingly been around for forever.

Yeah, I've had a couple issues with them sending a CD instead of a vinyl, and they'd only do a refund after I returned the CDs. Both times I had screen shots of it saying vinyl on the site where I ordered, and they had the vinyl still listed but for a higher price and they wouldn't ship it to me. More of a pain in the ass then anything else.

Back