Neil Young

So, I just finished up to listening to digital versions of both Somewhere Under The Rainbow and The Ducks High Flyin' and I had expected that I was gonna buy both on vinyl but TBH, I am gonna pass on Under The Rainbow (at least until the price falls to like $15). Though the set is absolute fire, Under The Rainbow might be worse than Citizen Kane Jr. Blues in terms of fidelity and the fact that it's a full band and electric guitars you really lose some oomph that you kinda want from a perfomance like this.

The Ducks album sounds AMAZING though. It's full "bar band" Neil and Friends and they definitely brought in a professional recording truck because it sounds beautiful I will be rushing out to get this one on wax ASAP.

So, I just finished up to listening to digital versions of both Somewhere Under The Rainbow and The Ducks High Flyin' and I had expected that I was gonna buy both on vinyl but TBH, I am gonna pass on Under The Rainbow (at least until the price falls to like $15). Though the set is absolute fire, Under The Rainbow might be worse than Citizen Kane Jr. Blues in terms of fidelity and the fact that it's a full band and electric guitars you really lose some oomph that you kinda want from a perfomance like this.

The Ducks album sounds AMAZING though. It's full "bar band" Neil and Friends and they definitely brought in a professional recording truck because it sounds beautiful I will be rushing out to get this one on wax ASAP.
I’m listening to Somewhere now and yeah it legit sounds awful. I’m surprised he released it.

I’m listening to Somewhere now and yeah it legit sounds awful. I’m surprised he released it.
He released it to give a big boost to the Ducks title. Gives a Neil Young title to promote at the same time as the Ducks, or the Ducks wouldn't get the attention desired. All the announcements and publicity have been about TWO titles. The Neil Young name is what sells.

He released it to give a big boost to the Ducks title. Gives a Neil Young title to promote at the same time as the Ducks, or the Ducks wouldn't get the attention desired. All the announcements and publicity have been about TWO titles. The Neil Young name is what sells.
I mean Neil is gonna sell Neil numbers, just market and slap a big sticker on it that say Neil and friends. Same thing without the atrocious other thing out there.

The Ducks album smokes! What a fun live record! I really enjoyed it!

I mean Neil is gonna sell Neil numbers, just market and slap a big sticker on it that say Neil and friends. Same thing without the atrocious other thing out there.
I like bootlegs and I am glad it exists but I don’t think needs a vinyl release but what do I know I will still probably buy it off of Amazon for $13 at some point. The Album art looks cool at least.

Rainbow sounds so bad that people on the pirate sites were reporting it as a non-official release lol

76D42CA0-A62D-4CD2-9DFE-332612C29866.jpeg
Okay, so I picked this copy up from my local and it sounds great (this is an AOTY candidate for me) but unfortunately the vinyl has some pressing issues, two of the 3 discs are fairly warped and has some bad no-fills on a couple sides which is disappointing. Looking into this further, it looks like there are two pressing the EU pressing pressed at Optimal using RTI cut plates and a US pressing pressed in Argentina with “?” Mystery plates (though they were both cut by Chris Bellman.

Anyways I really love this album and want the best copy available so I ended up ordering (what I presume is an EU pressing) from JPC, which is currently on sale and in stock, it only cost me $40 shipped (which was about the same price I paid for my US copy).

I will report back once I get the EU copy but if anybody is looking for a copy this is probably not a bad way to go.

Back