Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 7 - January 2020 /// Clarence Clarity - No Now

What I’m amused by is that around listen number 6, it stops being weird and is just pure catchy (I now sing “cancer in the water” in the shower, unironically).

The downside is that “normal” pop music sounds really boring now.

So how does this work? Is this a "go buy it yourself? "record club"? Or is there something I can sign up for to get these records? Total newb here. Halp!

it’s a buy it yourself. It’s basically run by us as a community and the members take it in turn to do their month. There are a few conditions (vinyl availability/affordable etc) but mostly anything goes. There is a general thread pinned too which goes into a bit more detail and where you can put yourself forward as a potential future picker. The first post on it also lists (and links to the threads) for all the previous picks.

it’s a buy it yourself. It’s basically run by us as a community and the members take it in turn to do their month. There are a few conditions (vinyl availability/affordable etc) but mostly anything goes. There is a general thread pinned too which goes into a bit more detail and where you can put yourself forward as a potential future picker. The first post on it also lists (and links to the threads) for all the previous picks.
Cool! Thanks for the reply.

Im really struggling to get my wife on side with this. She entered house during a particularly loud messy section and its closed her mind to it.
Coments such as :
oh god that noise
ive got a headache
and now the straight up “this is shit” this morning.
Clarence is not bringing peace to the fam ily this Saturday mornin.
:LOL:(y)

Im really struggling to get my wife on side with this. She entered house during a particularly loud messy section and its closed her mind to it.
Coments such as :
oh god that noise
ive got a headache
Have you considered a wife upgrade? It’s the most expensive option and risky too because the market for replacements is rife with counterfeits. However, the potential for improving the listening conditions is enormous.

Coments such as :
oh god that noise
ive got a headache
I'd be interested to know what was playing when she first walked in. "Hit Factory of Sadness" would be my guess lol

gonna take this opportunity to shill a fanmade vid I made of this Clarence song. It’s a cover of “Saturday” by Sparklehorse and the footage is from his documentary, “[laughs]”.

Looks like he’s back in album mode, so this ROTM was good timing on ur part. We can all experience the release of MIDIeval Europe 2gether.

This was the basis for one of the hints 👀

I'd be interested to know what was playing when she first walked in. "Hit Factory of Sadness" would be my guess lol

I cant really recall from memory.
Ive played a good few times but never with a purpose of getting the Track listings memorised. It was side 2 or 3 probably the first track. Definitely in your face, and enough to scare a first time listener.

I cant really recall from memory.
Ive played a good few times but never with a purpose of getting the Track listings memorised. It was side 2 or 3 probably the first track. Definitely in your face, and enough to scare a first time listener.
"Hit Factory" is the beginning of side 2 so it was probs that. It's also one of the most extreme and glitchy bits of the entire album so if that was someone's intro to the album as a whole I can see it turning them off

Back