Clarence Clarity AMA

Colonel_Angus

(╯°□°)╯ 🍅
Admin
The artist for January's RoTM, Clarence Clarity, has agreed to do a write-in AMA for us. Submit your questions here to be included in what gets sent over once @gaporter and I compile them all into one neatly packaged e-mail. Ideally, we'd like to send these out as soon as possible and are tentatively considering having questions prepared and sent by this weekend. Have fun!

bfly

what's the way you typically kick off the songwriting process? do you feel a melody, vibe with a sample, just start building swells?
the way the album flows, I also wondered if you go track by track and make it cohesive after or if it's one giant tapestry from the start?

what album(s) are you most excited to hear in 2020?

agutierrezb

Given how extreme and genre bending your first two albums are, are you planning to change your approach to writing and producing as you move forward in your career, or do you plan to stick to the same lane? How do you follow up such an "All-in" album as No Now?

Last edited:

NathanRicaud

Do you love listening to artists to Aaliyah, Justin Timberlake, Usher, Destiny’s Child, Ginuwine and Britney Spears!? Some of your music sounds like an ‘in your face’, glitchy, adrenaline-rushing, explosion of early 2000’s R&B/Pop! And I absolutely love it!!!

DaneYeno

I'm a painter and your music has brought so many visually interesting and beautiful ideas to the forefront of my work. The dynamic nature of all your styles and how they intertwine made me expand my definition of what I thought being an artist meant.

Anyways, how did you come up with such a unique voice/sound and what advice can you give to any artist from any field to find that voice and expand themselves creatively?

gaporter

Sincerest thanks for agreeing to an AMA! When I chose No Now as my AOTM, I honestly didn't expect it happen. I know you're busy, so I appreciate you taking the time out of your day.

I have two questions:
A) Do you have any songs you've made that you are especially proud of or consider your best work (either from a sonic or lyrical standpoint)?

B) As an artist who blends unconventional sounds with elements of pop music, do you think that the 2020s will see a shift towards more experimental pop music reaching mainstream exposure?

supahypeag

I have a two part question:

(1) What other albums would you recommend that people check out if they love your album No Now?
(2) What is your favorite Disney Animation Studios Feature Film?

EDIT: If I can only ask one, I want to know the answer to the Disney one more. I'll depend on the rest of you scamps for album recommendations.