Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 7 - January 2020 /// Clarence Clarity - No Now

Dear N&G,

I didn't know where to post this but I figured this is my thread so I can do what I want 😈

I'm gonna be in 2020 in, like, an hour and a half. And I just want to say that this forum, and all of you wonderful people, have been without any exaggeration, life-changing. I'm not a social butterfly or someone who makes friends easily, and even online I tend to feel nervous. But rarely do I have to feel like I can't be myself whenever I'm on here. Earlier in this thread, in my write-up, I talked about how young Gap felt like an outcast and how the insecurities I had about my taste in music played into that. I'm happy to say that being a part of a forum as accepting as this has helped me shake a lot of that insecurity off. I don't have to worry about not "fitting in" here, because in reality, while we may all prefer different types of music, the passion we all have the music we love unites us. The very reason we started a little record club of our own was built on that idea, I feel, sharing that passion.

I've only been a part of these forums and this community since April, but in those 8 months I've built some truly wonderful relationships with many people here; ones I wouldn't give up for anything in the world. People have been so kind and giving, and I've had great times getting to know everyone here.

I know some of y'all are probably disgusted by my sentimental ramblings but I am a sappy, emotional bitch and I don't care who knows it. And I can't fully express how much this forum helped me this year just by existing. So sincerest thanks to all of you. Here's to the 2020s! ^_^

Much love and positive squiggles ~~~~~~
Gap

I got first react on that. I will say, I think a lot of what you describe is just part of growing. It’s the only good thing about getting older. Assuming you are doing the work aging just brings about less fucks to give, deeper appreciation, and a confident understanding that leaving this world and the people in it more vibrant and equipped is what we are actually here to do.

Dear N&G,

I didn't know where to post this but I figured this is my thread so I can do what I want 😈

I'm gonna be in 2020 in, like, an hour and a half. And I just want to say that this forum, and all of you wonderful people, have been without any exaggeration, life-changing. I'm not a social butterfly or someone who makes friends easily, and even online I tend to feel nervous. But rarely do I have to feel like I can't be myself whenever I'm on here. Earlier in this thread, in my write-up, I talked about how young Gap felt like an outcast and how the insecurities I had about my taste in music played into that. I'm happy to say that being a part of a forum as accepting as this has helped me shake a lot of that insecurity off. I don't have to worry about not "fitting in" here, because in reality, while we may all prefer different types of music, the passion we all have the music we love unites us. The very reason we started a little record club of our own was built on that idea, I feel, sharing that passion.

I've only been a part of these forums and this community since April, but in those 8 months I've built some truly wonderful relationships with many people here; ones I wouldn't give up for anything in the world. People have been so kind and giving, and I've had great times getting to know everyone here.

I know some of y'all are probably disgusted by my sentimental ramblings but I am a sappy, emotional bitch and I don't care who knows it. And I can't fully express how much this forum helped me this year just by existing. So sincerest thanks to all of you. Here's to the 2020s! ^_^

Much love and positive squiggles ~~~~~~
Gap
This was truly heartwarming to read. After you said “the passion we all have for music unites us”, I was so touched personally and it just filled me up with joy but also......I wanted to cry tears of joy and give you the biggest hug as well! ♥️🧸

Clarence produced this absolute bop which is one of my favorite singles of the year

Mmmmmmm it’s literally one of my favourite singles of the year! I first heard it and was introduced to this artist when @teefer played it in the JQBX room. I was literally orgasmic and was so pumped at the same time! 🔥

Mmmmmmm it’s literally one of my favourite singles of the year! I first heard it and was introduced to this artist when @teefer played it in the JQBX room. I was literally orgasmic and was so pumped at the same time! 🔥
@teefer played it in there a few days before the clues started being cracked and I had to exercise serious self-control knowing a song produced by the artist of my AOTM was being played at the same time everyone was trying to desperately get hints out of me 😂

@teefer played it in there a few days before the clues started being cracked and I had to exercise serious self-control knowing a song produced by the artist of my AOTM was being played at the same time everyone was trying to desperately get hints out of me 😂
OMG, I can imagine the urge you would’ve had! But at the same time, it would’ve been kind of thrilling knowing that a lot of us, especially Teefer, knew Clarence Clarity, but just couldn’t crack the clues! 🐌

Even I was frustrated when I went back over the clues, after the AOTM being announced! Like the 1-800 Worship clue was genius and the Off The Grid clue was so obvious too! But we were all thinking too deep into it because we know you’re a cheeky, naughty intellectual nerd who would be amazing at playing mind games 😂🙉

Well, half way through my first listen... like others have said, this is going to take some unpacking. I’m definitely gonna be listening to the hell out of this. Two reasons. One, I just dig it. Two, it’s complex and layered and will need some digestion especially if I’m gonna internalize it all.

It’s batshit crazy. It’s like it came from some alternative universe where Justin Timberlake and Flying Lotus collaborate. For the record, that’s a universe I would like to be in.

Back