Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 6 - December 2019 /// The Gloaming - 3 [2019]

What is best tipple to have with a pizza?

• Beer

• Red Wine

• White Wine

• Other (Discuss Below)

• Pop

• Fizzy Pop

• Water

Results are only viewable after voting.
So 2 over 1 or the ,ive set. Get it.

Ooooor you can jump on that bundle on Real World web shop. Just saying...

Ooooor you can jump on that bundle on Real World web shop. Just saying...

love it! 1 and the live set are great too @Jan if you’re down with the bundle love but if you’re just after 2 it’s 2 & 3.

I have a slightly more complicated drink recommendation.

IMG_20200131_184608.jpg

It is called a "revolver," after the gun, but we can make it so it is for revolving records! :D

2 oz Rye (Bulleit, hence the original name)
1/2 oz Kahlua
2 dash orange bitters
Expressed orange peel

Cheers!

Posting in here now I have given it enough play time.
Another beautiful pick - ( applause for @Joe Mac ) - It so happens a decent amount of my January vinyl time has been spent with The Gloaming and Ibeyi which I think has suited my mood.

I didn't buy the whole package bundle in the end as I wanted to get a fix on this - I was certainly FOMI attracted to adding the lot but controlled myself

On a side note I think I want to learn to play the Fiddle !

First up is this short (less that 7 minutes) documentary on the the band. I enjoyed it, it’s well worth a look and they explain what they are all about very well.

a film of the last night of one of their residences at the NCH in Dublin was done in 2018 for our national broadcaster RTÉ. This is the same residency that the live album was taken from. I can’t find the full show on line but here is a song from it.

@Joe Mac I steered clear of this one at the time, simply because I didn't need another rabbit hole to run down. As luck would have it their first album came up really cheap and I bought it blind after recognizing the fantastic album cover art.

What are your thoughts, I haven't listened to 2 or 3, I figure I'd go in blind as well, but I did see you only seemed to mention 2 and 3 in your writeup and not much about 1. I find this one really lovely, is there a change in style with the subsequent albums?

@Joe Mac I steered clear of this one at the time, simply because I didn't need another rabbit hole to run down. As luck would have it their first album came up really cheap and I bought it blind after recognizing the fantastic album cover art.

What are your thoughts, I haven't listened to 2 or 3, I figure I'd go in blind as well, but I did see you only seemed to mention 2 and 3 in your writeup and not much about 1. I find this one really lovely, is there a change in style with the subsequent albums?

They’re all lovely and I like them all. What I’d say is that 1 is the most traditional interpretation and that their sound progresses through the three albums to become more minimal. That said the style doesn’t really change as such, more that it evolves.

Back