Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 6 - December 2019 /// The Gloaming - 3 [2019]

What is best tipple to have with a pizza?

• Beer

• Red Wine

• White Wine

• Other (Discuss Below)

• Pop

• Fizzy Pop

• Water

Results are only viewable after voting.
Learning that reels were for dancing was a big step in coming to appreciate the music they are traditionally a base for. My wife was really gobsmacked by my distaste for all of that given my love of Bluegrass. In retrospect, she should have been.

Haha yeah I bet! The amount of Irish emigrants and their descendants who were involved in the melting pot of identities that makes up that type of music is pretty big. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think I’m right in saying that there’s a relationship between Irish fiddling and the type heard in bluegrass.

Haha yeah I bet! The amount of Irish emigrants and their descendants who were involved in the melting pot of identities that makes up that type of music is pretty big. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think I’m right in saying that there’s a relationship between Irish fiddling and the type heard in bluegrass.
Very much so. Irish and African music are probably the key components to the Appalachian’s musical heritage.

haha yeah! I’m happy enough with that reputation, whilst it’d be cool to have everything on vinyl I’m not going to allow format snobbery to keep me from great music! Real World are a great label but beyond Peter Gabriel and The Gloaming I’m not so knowledgable. I feel that’s a rabbit hole @Skalap is qualified to drag us down!

Les Amazones d'Afrique are worth the listen. It's a female supergroup with some of the best African voices. Their first album was great and I expect the new one to be good as well. I'll wait for an hypothetical bundle, I've lucky when ordering bundles recently :p

I’ll walk everyone through what I have and tag you @Joe Mac and @Skalap when I have some time (the alphabetical thing and two december challenge threads are going to consume a lot of my listening).... I still have quite a few real world releases. It’ll be fun to pull them out and learn a bit about them all.

edit: I’m sure I knew things about these albums, but um... a lot of brain cells have been relentlessly murdered since my college days...

Just had to post quickly.
What with a busy schedule - super excessive spending this past 4 weeks and an influx of many vinyls; The Gloaming has not yet been picked up.
It will be though as i’ve supported the N&G picks all yr 100000% but your review might have to wait till the new Year (i will probably pick it up b4 tho)

😳😳😳

now I feel silly hahaha!

Nah, don't!

Most places DO ship to Brazil.
On the off chance the store doesn't, I use this service out of Miami.
I think the main problem is that shipping with proper tracking gets expensive, it averages 25 dollars/20 euros for a package of up to 3 albums.

Nah, don't!

Most places DO ship to Brazil.
On the off chance the store doesn't, I use this service out of Miami.
I think the main problem is that shipping with proper tracking gets expensive, it averages 25 dollars/20 euros for a package of up to 3 albums.

Yeah! Shipping international out of the US is a money pit. I use a similar courier service to here too but I have to be spending a lot of money to make it worthwhile and then it gets heavier and more expensive again and is always hit for customs so I pretty much only use it for sleeve city haha!

Back