Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 6 - December 2019 /// The Gloaming - 3 [2019]

What is best tipple to have with a pizza?

• Beer

• Red Wine

• White Wine

• Other (Discuss Below)

• Pop

• Fizzy Pop

• Water

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would have never ever ever guessed that pronunciation. Ever. I was saying it in my head as "ca - oh hell I don't know".

yeah Irish really is a very “out there” language when compared with the traditional European Latin/Germanic languages. I don’t have a clue at all, I only know names because I know people with those names!

If this is The Gloaming (and @D Jilla got it yet again), I'm thrilled! I've never heard of them. I probably never would have discovered them otherwise. But I'm so glad to now have them in my life.

And I would just like to acknowledge that with the addition of The Gloaming how incredibly diverse our picks have been genre-wise. It's amazing. We rock. We rule. All of the things.

And now I have to go discover another artist in this thread since I've connected to at least 2 artists in every other AOTM thread. I'll start with Lisa. :)

(Also, is D Jilla some sorta psychic?????)

All of these references to “European” reminds me of a buddy that would say “European? I’m a poopin’!” anytime that word came up. So I’ve been giggling throughout this thread because I’m, at heart, 12 years old

Oh yeah, that's a classic. I feel like a true American laughing at this well-known-to-me joke and being super confused at Irish pronunciation within a span of 15 minutes 😂

If this is The Gloaming (and @D Jilla got it yet again), I'm thrilled! I've never heard of them. I probably never would have discovered them otherwise. But I'm so glad to now have them in my life.

And I would just like to acknowledge that with the addition of The Gloaming how incredibly diverse our picks have been genre-wise. It's amazing. We rock. We rule. All of the things.

And now I have to go discover another artist in this thread since I've connected to at least 2 artists in every other AOTM thread. I'll start with Lisa. :)

Nah he just posts a lot on What’s Spinning so has a good eye on what those of us in there might be into 😉

yeah Irish really is a very “out there” language when compared with the traditional European Latin/Germanic languages. I don’t have a clue at all, I only know names because I know people with those names!
This was cracking me up the other day, if you turn on CC it is hilarious, but no closer to what they're actually saying. Although now I'm second guessing myself, did I get there from this forum/thread? Has everyone already seen this? Do I have amnesia?

give Anna Mieke a go too if you get chance, I have a soft spot for her. She personally signed the copy of her album I got from the Dublin music club LovesVinyl and replied personally to say thank you my tweet bigging up her album.

This was cracking me up the other day, if you turn on CC it is hilarious, but no closer to what they're actually saying. Although now I'm second guessing myself, did I get there from this forum/thread? Has everyone already seen this? Do I have amnesia?

I was actually shown this by someone making a joke about Irish accents

Nah he just posts a lot on What’s Spinning so has a good eye on what those of us in there might be into 😉

Yep, that's my secret. I know The Gloaming only from seeing Joe play them in What's Spinning, then listening because I like Irish music in general and saw Thomas Bartlett was in the band (who I know from The National). One of my favorite things to do here is see what people play that I don't know and check it out. @Teeeee you should post in What's Spinning - I'm sure you have a ton of great stuff I've never heard of!

Yep, that's my secret. I know The Gloaming only from seeing Joe play them in What's Spinning, then listening because I like Irish music in general and saw Thomas Bartlett was in the band (who I know from The National). One of my favorite things to do here is see what people play that I don't know and check it out. @Teeeee you should post in What's Spinning - I'm sure you have a ton of great stuff I've never heard of!
So completely hide from what's spinning

To be fair that’s a very extreme rural accent. I have a family member who speaks a bit like that but he is a farmer living on the side of a mountain in the middle of nowhere, I’m suspecting something similar with the fella!

To be fair that’s a very extreme rural accent. I have a family member who speaks a bit like that but he is a faker living on the side of a mountain in the middle of nowhere, I’m suspecting something similar with the fella!

Also that’s down in Kerry in far south west, they’re queer folk down there!

What is a boo-boo dragon and how are guardian dingoes investigating anything? Lol

Why thank you! I used to do it at the old place. I should here too. I felt like I was duplicating my own stuff and others a lot. But you're right. Clean slate here, I'll try to this weekend. :)

Back