Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 40 - October 2022 /// 🎃/// Tash Sultana - Flow State

You got it!

Herbie Hancock - Headhunters

This album is one of my all time favorites and would probably be my "deserted island" record. It is just funky and has stayed fresh all these years for me. If I ever get an earworm that I don't want in my head, I always think of this album to free my mind. I very well could have chosen this one for the RotM, but figured my other selection may get more fresh ears on it.

So there are about a 100 or more variants of this record, but it does have a 200g option and 45 RPM options. There was a bit of a dust-up in the discogs editing wars over the 180 vs 200g, which made me think of that clue. Bennie Maupin plays several saxophones on this. This album while technically not a solo album, Herbie Hancock is the main artist and he plays keyboards obviously.

And random thought with this album.... It is conceivable that yours truly was conceived with this record since it was released in October of 1973.... I was born about 9 months later!! 🤯

Note this is NOT the RotM, but for those that do not have this, here are a few links to purchase:
Amazon product ASIN B001FZSKRO
As a wannabe audiophile, I do recommend the acoustic sounds versions. They are top notch, especially the 45rpm version, a bit pricey but worth it to me.

As for the actual RotM....

The Caroline Rose clue and the other clue have a potentially important shared meaning...

You got it!

Herbie Hancock - Headhunters

This album is one of my all time favorites and would probably be my "deserted island" record. It is just funky and has stayed fresh all these years for me. If I ever get an earworm that I don't want in my head, I always think of this album to free my mind. I very well could have chosen this one for the RotM, but figured my other selection may get more fresh ears on it.

So there are about a 100 or more variants of this record, but it does have a 200g option and 45 RPM options. There was a bit of a dust-up in the discogs editing wars over the 180 vs 200g, which made me think of that clue. Bennie Maupin plays several saxophones on this. This album while technically not a solo album, Herbie Hancock is the main artist and he plays keyboards obviously.

And random thought with this album.... It is conceivable that yours truly was conceived with this record since it was released in October of 1973.... I was born about 9 months later!! 🤯

Note this is NOT the RotM, but for those that do not have this, here are a few links to purchase:
Amazon product ASIN B001FZSKRO
As a wannabe audiophile, I do recommend the acoustic sounds versions. They are top notch, especially the 45rpm version, a bit pricey but worth it to me.

As for the actual RotM....

The Caroline Rose clue and the other clue have a potentially important shared meaning...
Great album! A classic!

I'm coming empty looking for solo artists (with prominent saxophone in their music) born on April 15... so not birthday?

EDIT: ah ok, this was the clue that led to "45".

Looking up artist who play both Sax and keyboard who are similar in genre to prince lead me to Terrence Trent D’arby. I can’t make any connections beyond that but I’m just gonna throw it out there

Absolutely!!!
Awesome job!

Give me a few minutes for a write up and the rest of my planned clues.

And @Fleetwood-Matt , I was expecting you to get it, too! 🎅 :)

Having just seen them not even two months ago, I'm kinda disappointed in myself that it took as long as it did to get there!

They rocked so hard at that show they actually broke their saxophone while playing it! 😲🤯

Back