Needles & Grooves AotM /// Vol. 40 - October 2022 /// πŸŽƒ/// Tash Sultana - Flow State

9imxlp6002-large__78379.1620292957.jpg

Alright, this will lead to the first big reveal.... my second choice for the RotM! :cool: All of these clues were meant to line up with at least two albums. With the exception of this type of hunting being only for my second choice.

What type of hunting did some tribes do?

Reactions: Jan
Catholic Church…

…this better not be a Whacko album!
I couldn't find "Whacko" but found this awesome holy divergence...

It's not them, or anything related to the church. :)

I couldn't find "Whacko" but found this awesome holy divergence...

It's not them, or anything related to the church. :)

Michael Jackson…..

Sadly I don't have any King Crimson in my collection. To be honest, I never really heard of them until I started collecting vinyl about 6 years ago. I'm sure I've broken some tenet of music listening or something!
It fits all the clues except for the 45 one. It has sax and sexy keyboard, it's on 200g vinyl, and it's called Islands so that was the Maori link. I knew it was a snowball's chance, but figured I'd throw it up anyway. And I highly recommended their first few albums. Great stuff.

Great job everyone. We are so close to the first big reveal for my second choice of album! All of the clues were designed to describe two albums up to this point (and apparently a few others as well :) ). The specific type of tribe will most likely give up my second choice.

Clue summary:

first clue sacks of phones = saxophone
second clue 50 +7 x 0 -100 / 2 + 200 = 200
secondary second clue mass = 200g
third clue solo artist, keyboards (more can be extracted from this clue)
fourth clue tribal and 45, 45 RPM, what type of tribe?

So yes, my first choice album has saxophone, it isn't the main instrument, nor are keyboards. The solo artist does play both. The "200g vinyl" only fits with my second choice, however 200g "something" has a connection to my first choice artist. 45 RPM applies to both. Tribal applies to both, but my first choice is more general "feeling" while my second choice is more literal once the type of tribe is revealed.

From here on out the clues will be more specific to my first choice. Without further ado....

IMG_20170318_230404740 (1).jpg
photo credit: ME!

Two clues are meant to come out this photo. :)

Keep those guess flowing!

Edit: Keyboards are the main instrument of my second choice. Sax is background.

Last edited:
Back