Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

Ok, here's your clue:

40°42'57.9"N 74°00'59.2"W

This one is probably the hardest to crack so far, but if you do, it'll point you not only to the artist but to the specific album I picked.
I'll answer one or two questions to help y'all when there's at least 10 running guesses on that first page.

Hmm, got nothing on this clue.

Nelson Rockefeller had farms in Brazil, Ecuador, and Venezuela? Not sure how that helps.
Yeah, don't loose your sleep about this one. Like @Skalap 's location clue for Vol. 0, it will retroactively make sense once you have figured the album out, more than pointing you to the pick.
That being said, if someone cracks this clue I'll buy the album for that person ;)

Yeah, don't loose your sleep about this one. Like @Skalap 's location clue for Vol. 0, it will retroactively make sense once you have figured the album out, more than pointing you to the pick.
That being said, if someone cracks this clue I'll buy the album for that person ;)

Then it’s not a clue! It’s a storfism! No fair!

Okay, I will say Gal Costa - Legal

The album art for that record was designed by Helio Oiticica, who lived in NYC for some time (I can't figure out any connection to that exact location, though)

The other clues fit the same as the other tropicalia guesses (Philips, Montreux, current reissue on vinyl)

poets house makes me think of tone poets but thats blue note so the PSV Eindhoven thing doesn't work unless its a dutch jazz artist (or an album recorded in the netherlands) on blue note

that doesn't seem possible

Last edited:
Back