Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

Ok, here's your clue:

40°42'57.9"N 74°00'59.2"W

This one is probably the hardest to crack so far, but if you do, it'll point you not only to the artist but to the specific album I picked.
I'll answer one or two questions to help y'all when there's at least 10 running guesses on that first page.
What on earth is this clue!?!?! 🤯

I love how strange and mysterious this clue is though! I won’t be able to solve it but I’m happy we have so much nerds in here, who would be able to solve it 😂

Hmmm...did something else used to exist in that location? I wonder how to go about finding maps of old new york (but more recent than new amsterdam).....

EDIT: hmmm....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battery_Park_City#History

I mean, I know a way to force my guess to still be in play (Torquato Neto was a poet who has a songwriting credit on my guess).....but....I feel like that's not really what this clue is all about.

Last edited:
An Argentinian architect designed a building around there.....

There's this dude....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Hudson_(songwriter)

^^^ This would be a pain in the ass...American songwriter performed/interpreted/covered by World Music.....ugh

(EDIT: A pain in the ass to guess....As far as listening, could be really cool!!)

Last edited:
Caetano Veloso - S/T (1971)

1568081885809.png

The mostly english language album recorded in London.

The last track "Asa Branca" is a cover of a song written with Luiz Gonzaga. Someone else can fill us in because this is outside my knowledge. The information I gather indicates that he is a very important cultural figure in Brazil and has been covered a lot. Wiki states that he is a poet in addition to a singer, songwriter & musician, so that would tie to the Poet House clue.

And he played Montreux in 1982 and this was released on Phillips at least in some countries.

That's all I got.

EDIT: oh yeah the rest of the clues: released 1971, new genre for N&G: tropicalia, definitely world music.

Last edited:
Back