Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

It could be João Do Vale ‎– O Poeta Do Povo but OG copies are pretty expensive even if DOL reissued the record a few years ago (but it's DOL...).

Hint #1 - I can't link to Montreux
Hint #2 - Samba / Bossa Nova
Hint #3 - Released on Philips
Hint #4 - Released in 1965
Hint #5 - Definitely World Music
Hint #6 - Poets House / Poeta do Povo (Poet of the People) and River Terrace (started his career in Rio (= river) de Janeiro)

Though, Vinicius de Moraes is known to be "O Poeta" in Brazil and he was born, and died, in Rio de Janeiro. He is credited 3000+ times on Discogs for writing and arrangement only :p It could have been Toquinho & Vinicius or Os Afro-Sambas but both haven't been reissued recently (os Afro-Sambas actually did but on a Brazilian record club and is damn expensive). In addition, @agutierrezb says "It is a reference to someone who has writing credits on the album" so I understand it's not one of his album. So, as a second guess I'll say it's Chico Buarque - Construcção as it's one of the best Brazilian album ever and got reissued recently (by Polysom Brazil, the version I have, and Elemental Music so it's easy to find in the $27/30 price range). [EDIT] Album is called Construcção (Construction) and can be connected to the playground or the building, each on each side of the street (Street View).

Chico Buarque - Construcção

Hint #1 - He played a few times in Montreux (at least in 1986, 1991 and 1993)
Hint #2 - Musica Popular Brasileira / Bossa Nova
Hint #4 - Released in 1971, it's his first album
Hint #6 - Vinicius de Moraes is credited on 4 songs and and Chico Buarque was born in Rio de Janeiro

Last edited:
Am i Right to assume that there is a personal Connection of this someone with writing credits to the poets house and poets house is not just given for ist Name to refer to any Poet?
If the answer was just a poet I could have picked any place in the world that referenced poet or poetry, but I picked that specific site in New York for a reason.

Last edited:
If the answer was just a poet I could have picked any place in the world that referenced poet or poetry, but I picked that specific site in New York for a reason.

just wanted to make sure, I remember a time when we used to derive Patti Smith Albums from sets of coordinates given by storf and in the end all it was meaning was beaches.

Caetano Veloso - S/T (1971)

View attachment 16671

The mostly english language album recorded in London.

The last track "Asa Branca" is a cover of a song written with Luiz Gonzaga. Someone else can fill us in because this is outside my knowledge. The information I gather indicates that he is a very important cultural figure in Brazil and has been covered a lot. Wiki states that he is a poet in addition to a singer, songwriter & musician, so that would tie to the Poet House clue.

And he played Montreux in 1982 and this was released on Phillips at least in some countries.

That's all I got.

EDIT: oh yeah the rest of the clues: released 1971, new genre for N&G: tropicalia, definitely world music.
It could be João Do Vale ‎– O Poeta Do Povo but OG copies are pretty expensive even if DOL reissued the record a few years ago (but it's DOL...).

Hint #1 - I can't link to Montreux
Hint #2 - Samba / Bossa Nova
Hint #4 - Released in 1965
Hint #6 - Poets House / Poeta do Povo (Poet of the People) and River Terrace (started his career in Rio (= river) de Janeiro)

Chico Buarque - Construcção

Hint #1 - He played a few times in Montreux (at least in 1986, 1991 and 1993)
Hint #2 - Musica Popular Brazileira / Bossa Nova
Hint #4 - Released in 1971, it's his first album
Hint #6 - Vinicius de Moraes is credited on 4 songs and and Chico Buarque was born in Rio de Janeiro
@Teeeee still has to update the post on the first page, but these guesses finally allow me to answer 2 of your questions.
I'll be in a meeting until 4PM Eastern Time, so you have until that time to ask whatever you want to know about the album. I'll then pick 2 questions to answer to confuse you even further help you find the album I picked.

Visitors to Poets House can hear the voices of Walt Whitman, E. E. Cummings, William Carlos Williams, Sylvia Plath and hundreds of other poets
This new home for Poets House, with interiors designed by architect Louise Braverman,
Founded in 1985 by the late Stanley Kunitz, two-time poet laureate of the United States, and arts administrator Elizabeth Kray
the Emerging Poets Fellowship reading, has been hailed as introducing audiences to some of the most highly anticipated poetry in NYC today,[9][10] and past fellows like Ocean Vuong, Yanyi, and José Olivarez have gone on to win major book deals and awards.[11]

These are very much a stretch but in feel like these quotes from Wikipedia could definitely have some connection

Back