Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

Both Camaron Boxsets are discounted (-30%) on Amazon.es :

And it's part of 3 for 2 promotion so you can have Jazz Dispensary : Cosmic Stash for free:

So I'm spinning this right now.... first off, nice pressing! And I'm enjoying this a lot. Really happy to have a flamenco record to add to my collection.

Thanks for helping me discover something new @agutierrezb.

View attachment 21435
I'm so glad you decided to give this record a chance, and even more to find that you enjoyed it! Like I said in my write-up, Flamenco is a genre we're all somewhat familiar with, but few actually delve into. If you have to start somewhere, you can do much worse than with one of the best records by flamenco's biggest artist ever.

It’s an exceptional episode. They mention the NYT article they did on Rosalia. I gotta hint that down as well
I'm just listening to it, and I'm really glad they talked about "Duende", an essential element of flamenco that I didn't really talk about.

An artist can have a lot of technique and sing pitch-perfect, but lack "Duende". The world literally translates as "elf" or "goblin", which is a way of talking about this greater-than-self force that the best arists are able to channel in their performances.

Duende cannot be learned or faked, you either have it or you don't. I guess in a way it is similar to the blues: a guitar player can know all scales and have tons of chops, but if they don't have the blues, they cannot playe the blues.

I'm just listening to it, and I'm really glad they talked about "Duende", an essential element of flamenco that I didn't really talk about.

An artist can have a lot of technique and sing pitch-perfect, but lack "Duende". The world literally translates as "elf" or "goblin", which is a way of talking about this greater-than-self force that the best arists are able to channel in their performances.

Duende cannot be learned or faked, you either have it or you don't. I guess in a way it is similar to the blues: a guitar player can know all scales and have tons of chops, but if they don't have the blues, they cannot playe the blues.

I haven’t been able to properly purchase this album but have enjoyed streaming it and, most of all, hearing your insight @agutierrezb into flamenco and Spanish music. Thanks for bringing your love of music to us all.

just a random record store here in LA. Funnily it was wrapped in Saran Wrap! It sounds amazing, really excited to go back and read this thread.
Awesome! Let's hope some other copies made it to random record stores across America.

If you're interested, there are a couple of resources on the first posts that can help you get a better understanding of the record and the genre in general, and @Skalap did a great track-by-track review a couple of pages back. I would love hear your thoughts on the record whenever you feel like sharing them :)

Awesome! Let's hope some other copies made it to random record stores across America.

If you're interested, there are a couple of resources on the first posts that can help you get a better understanding of the record and the genre in general, and @Skalap did a great track-by-track review a couple of pages back. I would love hear your thoughts on the record whenever you feel like sharing them :)
I love La Leyenda Del Tiempo so much! I cannot wait until I have my own vinyl copy! I love everything about the album, I really do! You feel the music through your body and this album is so quite left-field and experimental, I absolutely love it! It’s such a passionate album! I get so much romance, and flirty vibes from many of the tracks, and I really feel like I’m in a homely, pretty village on a warm night, listening to a live band in an old-school kind of bar!

Cannot get enough of this album! It’s so delicious! So yum I just want more of it!!! 🤤

I love La Leyenda Del Tiempo so much! I cannot wait until I have my own vinyl copy! I love everything about the album, I really do! You feel the music through your body and this album is so quite left-field and experimental, I absolutely love it! It’s such a passionate album! I get so much romance, and flirty vibes from many of the tracks, and I really feel like I’m in a homely, pretty village on a warm night, listening to a live band in an old-school kind of bar!

Cannot get enough of this album! It’s so delicious! So yum I just want more of it!!! 🤤

You should watch the Netflix documentary about his life and carrer. It's very interesting!

Back