Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

All right! We now have 6 days to chat about Spanish food and wine!
My personal ranking of Spanish food:

1) Ham croquetas (anything with Jamón Serrano is great, but croquetas take the top spot for me)
2) Salmorejo
3) Rabo de toro (Bull's tail)
4) Pulpo a la gallega (Galician octopus)
5) Berenjenas con miel (eggplants with honey)

It may change tomorrow, but I'm settling with this list for now.

1) Ham croquetas (anything with Jamón Serrano is great, but croquetas take the top spot for me)
2) Salmorejo

Lobster paella is in at number 1 with a bang over here. Followed by black paella with squid mmmmmm. So I like rice and seafood haha!

Yeah, I haven’t been to a tapas place. There are a TON of Tex-Mex and several authentic Mexican restaurants around me, a really good Peruvian place, a couple of Brazilian places, and several other Latin American cuisines represented around here (and are a primary reason why I’ll never understand super-restricted immigration...I want more good food!) but European offerings are sparse. I did find a great Russian place about an hour away...

2) Salmorejo

1. Cochinillo
2. Tortilla de papas (with some nice chorizo in it)
3. Arroz de pulpo
4. Paella valenciana
5. Tapas (all/ any of them with some nice cold, cold beer)

Yeah, I think so, but the first and best I've had was basically all you can eat at a 12hr Portuguese-American wedding reception.

Yeah the best I had was a lobster on down by the artificial beaches next to the dock where the olympics were held in Barcelona. That was good paella and, along with the Nou Camp, one of the few things I remember from that weekend (brothers stag doo....)

I’m more a fan of pintxos myself, a more elaborate version of tapas from the Basque Country, but I can be happy with any of the various versions of paella! And churros, let’s not forget churros!!!!
I'm usually not into sweets* but churros and turrón are really, really good.

EDIT: *except ice-cream, I could have ice-cream every day.

2) Salmorejo

Cosign on the ham croquetas. There's a restaurant in town for me that does Spanish-Wisconsin fusion (probably sound ridiculous but makes more sense if you look at the menu). They also do a guacamole croqueta that's equally amazing.

Yeah, I haven’t been to a tapas place. There are a TON of Tex-Mex and several authentic Mexican restaurants around me, a really good Peruvian place, a couple of Brazilian places, and several other Latin American cuisines represented around here (and are a primary reason why I’ll never understand super-restricted immigration...I want more good food!) but European offerings are sparse. I did find a great Russian place about an hour away...
what area are you based?

Back