Needles & Grooves AoTM /// Vol. 4 - October 2019 /// Camarón de la isla - La leyenda del tiempo

Pretty lucky - I actually googled Lorca + Panamera and a website breaking down Rosalia's lyrics in English came up. I was thinking the clues might apply to Lorca (I guess Rosalia references him too).

I've heard the Rosalia song multiple times before but had no idea that reference was there. The things you learn in the N&G guess threads.
So you're basing your whole reading of the clue on the assumption that Lorca is somehow related with the album/artist, right?

Haha - in the song, Rosalia is in a Panamera with roses on the dash and Camaron de la isla in the glove box (presumably not the vinyl 😂)

I'm saying it confirms Camaron (not Rosalia)

Wasn't one of the clues that @agutierrezb mentinoed it in the world music thread?

I remember a mention of Camaron, but I also remember Rosalia with her debut album mentioned (Its the reason why I listened to it and know about her).

I believe @D Jilla guessed the AotM, all the hints can be easily connected to La Leyenda Del Tiempo :

Hint #1. Universal Music Spain released in 2018 a legendary live recording of a Camaron show in Montreux in 1991
Hint #2. Flamenco, we never had Flamenco before.
Hints #3. La Leyenda Del Tiempo, Philips 1979
Hint #4. It got released on 1979, Lou Reed's Blue Mask got released on 1982.
Hint #5. I think we can agree that Flamenco can be included into World Music (except if you are Spanish :p)
Hints #6&8. Poet's House > Camaron sings Federico García Lorca poems, FGL is credited 672 times in writing & arrangements. Also, the place is in Manhattan, Manhattan is an island.
Hint #7. Artist died in 1992.
Hint #9. He was born in San Fernando, a small town near Cadiz in Spain, a town by the sea in the South of Spain.
Hint #10. What @D Jilla said here

1. Don't take the 20 albums thing too literally. I didn't really count, but what I meant is that there aren't many releases pre-1982 that match both the UEFA and the Puzzle clues, which takes me to my second point.
>>> Album got repressed this year in Spain but is quickly running out of stock (not on Amazon, not on Spanish Fnac)
2. Some of you (I'm not saying who) are in the right direction in regards to cracking the clues. The shortlist of albums I mentioned in point #1 can be if you dive into discogs/wiki with both clues in hand.
>>> @D Jilla guessed Camaron de la Isla - Le Leyenda Del Tiempo

I believe @D Jilla guessed the AotM, all the hints can be easily connected to La Leyenda Del Tiempo :

Hint #1. Universal Music Spain released in 2018 a legendary live recording of a Camaron show in Montreux in 1991
Hint #2. Flamenco, we never had Flamenco before.
Hints #3. La Leyenda Del Tiempo, Philips 1979
Hint #4. It got released on 1979, Lou Reed's Blue Mask got released on 1982.
Hint #5. I think we can agree that Flamenco can be included into World Music (except if you are Spanish :p)
Hints #6&8. Poet's House > Camaron sings Federico García Lorca poems, FGL is credited 672 times in writing & arrangements. Also, the place is in Manhattan, Manhattan is an island.
Hint #7. Artist died in 1992.
Hint #9. He was born in San Fernando, a small town near Cadiz in Spain, a town by the sea in the South of Spain.
Hint #10. What @D Jilla said here

1. Don't take the 20 albums thing too literally. I didn't really count, but what I meant is that there aren't many releases pre-1982 that match both the UEFA and the Puzzle clues, which takes me to my second point.
>>> Album got repressed this year in Spain but is quickly running out of stock (not on Amazon, not on Spanish Fnac)
2. Some of you (I'm not saying who) are in the right direction in regards to cracking the clues. The shortlist of albums I mentioned in point #1 can be if you dive into discogs/wiki with both clues in hand.
>>> @D Jilla guessed Camaron de la Isla - Le Leyenda Del Tiempo
All right! We now have 6 days to chat about Spanish food and wine!

Back